News From Arram

I woke up in Elsai's and my bed. My head was killing me where I had hit it on the ice. I noticed that I'd been changed into a white night gown and the silver circlet had been removed, though my other jewelry, such as my engagement and wedding rings and the necklace and earrings Elsai had given me remained. I turned to the door as it swung open and Elsai walked in. "Ingrid!" He exclaimed when he saw me, his eyes widening. He rushed over to me and hugged me tightly. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for a lecture from my loving husband. "How could you just leave like that?!" he scolded me, "I told you not to go!...Good God, Ingrid! If Kristoff hadn't been there, you wold have drowned! He's got a cold now because he dove in to save you! You could have died! You all could have!" Elsai shakily placed is and on my stomach.
"How...How long have I been out?" I asked timidy. "Two days." I winced at his tone. I wasn't going to live this down anytime soon. "Elsai...I...I'm sorry..." "You should be." He said coldly, "Do you have any idea how worried Anna and I were wen you disappeared? How terrified I was when Kristoff brought you back half drowned and unconscious?" "I didn't mean..."
"I know you didn't mean for this to happen, but it did. I...I can't bare to lose you. Either of you. Just please...until the baby arrives, don't do anything like this again." "Alright..." I sat up and buried my face in his shoulder. "Come on..." Elsai sighed in defeat, "You must be starving." He picked me and carried me all the way to the dining hall where Anna was already eating dinner and Olaf, to no surprise, was eating ice cream. "Ingrid!" Anna shot up when she saw me and ran over to us, "Oh my God! Are you alright! You almost died! What were you thinking!? Oh! That's right! You weren't thinking! How could you scare us like that?!"
"Anna, calm down." Elsai said and set me down in my usual place," I've already talked to her about this." Anna muttered something under her breath and sat back down. We ate in an awkward silence after that. The only one oblivious to the tension was Olaf, who was happily eating his ice cream. When I almost couldn't take it anymore, one of my guards came in and stood beside me at attention. "Your Majesty, there is urgent news from Arram," he said. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose in annoyance. I wasn't in the mood for this. I didn't want to hear about how miserable my people were or how the Arramian country side couldn't grow certain foods. It was always depressing. I was doing my best to please my people, but I could only do so much. Unlike Arendelle, Arram just wouldn't thaw.
"What is it now?" "It's about your Uncle Aaron, Your Majesty." the guard said. "What about him?" I asked seriously. "My Queen...he's escaped." I felt my body go numb. Aaron...escaped... The thought of my ncle running around Arram, free ...It truly terrified me. "Ingrid?" Elsai asked concerned. I didn't reply. I didn't move. I just sat there staring at the guard that had delivered he troubling news. "Ingrid..." Anna poked my cheek," Hellooo?"
"Who is Aaron?" Elsai asked and put his hand on my shoulder making me jump.. I told a shaky breath."Aaron is my father's older brother...but he's a traitor and a murderer so the crown was given to my father... He killed my grandmother and aunt so he was imprisoned in Haus Des Teufels. 'The Devil's House'. It's a prison in Arram that's been inescapable for the last 200 years." Elsai and Anna looked at me wide eyed. Even Olaf had stopped eating. "I'm sure he just need's a hug!" Olaf giggled. "I wish it was that simple, Olaf." I sighed." But if Aaron really has escaped, he'll be out for blood. It's no secret he blamed my Father for what happened. Those who were loyal to my father may be in danger. Elsai...I know I promised to stay out of trouble...but I have to go. My people need me. "
"Then I'm going with you!" Elsai said and stood up. "Elsai, no. This is between me and my uncle. There's no telling what he would do if he found out about you." I protested. "I won't let you go alone, Ingrid!" "I'll be fine. I have the guards and i can always make more if I need to." "I wanna go too!" Anna stood, "You're the only onle of us that's actually been to Arram before!" "Anna,stay out of this!" Elsai and I shouted at her. "I'm going alone!" I stood, clumsily, grabbing the guard's arm to stay up, "Take me to my room, then get a ship ready." The guard nodded and escorted me oout of the dining hall.

I walked along the deck of the ship, looking at the moon over the water. We'd have to leave late at night so no one could stop us. I felt bad for not letting Elsai know I'd left, especially after the ice incident, but he would have only stop me. I twisted my wedding ring on my finger, wondering what he would do when he woke up and found me gone. He definitely wouldn't be happy. If luck was on my side, I would be able to handle this quickly and quietly and be back in Arendelle in time for Christmas. As I passed by a big crate, I heard whispering followed by a sneeze. My eyes narrowed. I would not tolerate stowaways nor sailors ignoring their jobs. I formed a crowbar of ice in my hand and pried the top of the crate open. Inside were Sven and Kristoff. "Kristoff?! What the Hell are you two doing here?!" I demanded. "Uh...um...Crate inspection...?" "Yeah, right!" I growled in anger, "Where are the others?" Kristoff didn't say anything but I noticed his eyes flicker to some barrels momentarily. I stormed over to the barrels and opened them to find Anna, Olaf, and Elsai. I helped them out of their hiding places. "I told you to stay in Arendelle." I groaned. I didn't have time to take care of them and find Aaron. "And I told you that i'm not letting you go alone." Elsai said, taking my hands in his, "I won't risk something happening to you without me being there to help you." I sighed. We were over halfway to Arram by now. I didn't have time to take them back to Arendelle. "Fine. But you stay with me, or with guards at all times. Ok?" They nodded their heads in agreement. What they didn't seem to realize was that Arram was not Arendelle. It was a harsh, critical place. I knew, that the difference would shock them an possibly change their opinion of me. It was one thing to hear about Arram from me, but it was another to experience being there.