The Burial

I stood in the royal cemetery, Amora in my arms, watching as a small coffin was lowered into the ground by Elsai, Kristoff, and Hans. On its hard wooden surface was a golden plaque that matched the tombstone that would soon mark the spot. It read: "Prince Agnarr of Arram and Arendale, 46 seconds old, Son, Brother, Nephew, Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, thy angels watch me through the night, And keep me safe till morning's light."
Anna stood beside me, resting her head on my shoulder as if trying to comfort me. My pain was clear in my appearance. The ice that made up my gown was almost pitch black and my jewelry was melting, only to freeze again I the cold. My hair was uncombed and left down and my eyes held a deep sorrow.
I allowed one, solitary tear to run down my face, freezing. It hit Amora on the nose and she blinked up at me in confusion. My tears were heavy enough to be felt, but light enough not to hurt. Like when a snowflake lands on your nose. You know its there, but you can barely feel it.
I looked down at her sadly as her brother was put in his final resting place. I wished it hadn't come to this. I'd had a healthy pregnancy...It had only started to go wrong after Aaron captured me. He would pay for my baby's death. I'd make sure of that. This meant war...
I gently handed Amora to Anna and left the cemetery. I could feel the others watching me in confusion, worry, pity...but I didn't care. By the time that I felt like I was far enough away, I'd ended up in my mother's garden. The place brought back memories of her, but I had other things to worry about. Snapping, I summoned several of my ice guards.
"I want you to carry a message to all of the main cities and towns in Arram. Tell the leaders to send all able bodied men who are willing to fight for me here. Aaron has killed my son and I see that as an ultimatum. We are at war. Now go!" I ordered, using my magic to break each guard into thin shard of ice and snow to be carried away by the wind to their destinations. One guard, however, I left in tact.
"And what is your will for me, Your Majesty?" He asked bowing.
"I want you to take the same message to Lord Pierre Bellamy. Let him know that any help he can provide will be appreciated."
"Yes, Your Majesty."
I broke up the guard and watched as he was blown away.