~Chapter-9~

"Can I talk to him ?" I asked rushing towards Draven , as he walked through the hallway , rolling up his sleeve , not even turning around to look at me instead I received a quick 'no' as a response but I kept straddling behind him trying to keep up with his pace.

"But my da-"
"I already told you Adriana , he's fine" he cut me off stopping to turn around and face me , I looked down

"O-okay ... I'm just worried ... " I mumbled under my breath and heard him let out another frustrated sigh.

"You're going to drive me insane , Adriana" his voice sounded surprisingly exhausted , I bit my bottom lip.
I know I'm annoying him a lot , my presence is becoming too tiring for him to handle.

"I'll let you call , if it shuts you up even for a second" He said with a hint of annoyance in his voice as he walked inside his room.
Calm down Ad , He's fine !

"Its late " I heard Zack's voice as I walked through the dark hallway.
"You should be in bed" He stated , standing in front of me.
Suddenly David's images flashed in my mind.
Why did he give me a bracelet ? Why am I even wearing it ? Is it really _just_ a bracelet ?

"Hey ... you okay ?" Zack asked me suddenly , cupping my cheeks , making me flinch.
"Huh ? Y-yeah I'm okay " I lied as I started to walk. But then he appeared in front of me , stopping me.
"Are you really okay ?" He asked softly , looking into my eyes , before I even realised my mouth started moving.

"No , I'm scared  and confused because I saw him tonight " I blabbered out the truth , my eyes going wide as I realised I'm under his compulsion now. I ignored his surprised reaction and started rushing to my room.
How can he just do that ? Invading my privacy just like that
my thoughts are to be heard only by me !
I was so mad at him.

"Wait , What do you mean ?" He demanded , grabbing my wrist and spinning me around.

"Nothing , I was talking about Draven" I lied the first thing that popped in my mind.
He narrowed his eyebrows as if he find out something.

"You're lying -"
"I need my necklace back , can you get it from Draven ?" I asked changing the subject , he narrowed his eyebrows before dragging me through the hallway.

"Wait , where are you going ?" I questioned as my heart pounded loudly against my chest.
He stopped infront of Draven's room with a forced smile on his face.

"If you want it , then go get it" He said before leaving me alone.
I don't know how many times do I have to face Draven.
Should I really ask him ?
"Of course yes ! Its mine " I hissed at myself and was about to knock when the door flew open , revealing a shirtless Draven and a towel in his hand.

"What do you want ? " He asked annoyed , slumping the towel on his shoulder.
"I could hear your heart beat from a mile away , its annoying" He hissed as I gave him a weak smile before opening my mouth to speak.

"Um ... I wanted to ask you something " he gave me a long look before walking in , I took that as a sign of 'welcome' and walked in , standing awkwardly infront of him and fiddled with my fingers.

"Spill already" He said as his eyes travelled down to my hand. He narrowed his eyebrows at my wrist , I followed his gaze to see the bracelet I'm wearing.
I gave him a confused look. His reaction remained unreadable as he looked at me again glaring.

"Who gave you that !?" He demanded , pointing a finger at my bracelet and clenching his jaw tightly.

No way I'm gonna tell him about David. He'd kill him if he knew that David was trying to help me. I can't let him hurt an innocent.
My pulse raced faster than ever.
"I don't know " I said biting my lip , not daring to look him in the eye.
He kept asking me about the bracelet , but he wasn't even listening to what am saying.