~ Chapter - 13 ~

"Why me-"

"You can tell them to fuck off because she is not going anywhere " Draven cut me off , squeezing my waist when Michael chuckled deeply , shaking his head.

"As you wish" he mumbled , his grin growing wider seeing my confused expression. "But you do understand that they'd be attending the ball tomorrow right ? They're going to look for her" Michael said , brushing his hand through his hair. I looked up to see Draven , who glanced down at me before returning his on gaze Michael.

"She'll be fine" Draven assured , gently pulling my body closer to him , " I'll keep an eye on her" he mumbled , causing my heart to skip a beat.
Don't tell me he's actually worried about me right now ! And wh
y is this Aldon's family looking for me ?! Why do they want me ?

"Draven I-"

"No questions , go to your room and sleep" He interrupted me with a mutter and i bit my bottom lip angrily and decided to keep quiet.
I caught a glimpse of Draven staring down at me and I averted my gaze before brushing his arm away. After mumbling a small , "Good night" I marched back to my room. My mind filling with a lot of questions about tonight.

I don't understand .. Did they make a mistake ? It has to be a mistake ! There is no way they're looking for me ...

__________________________________________________

I stared at myself in the mirror , the elegant , royal blue lace up dress fitting me well.
Guess this ball was really happening. I didn't know it was happening until this morning , when I met Edward , who confirmed. Apparently , this annual event allows the vampires and humans to get along well

"Hurry up" Olivia snapped at the doorway. I quickly slipped on to my black sandals and brushed my loose hair a few times before walking out of my room. I stopped halfway through the hallway when I noticed Edward , Zack , Jay and Michael waiting near the staircase. Were they really waiting for me ?

"Be careful tonight" Jay mumbled , tugging on his suit and I nodded hesitantly , knowing exactly what he meant.

The Aldon's family would be attending the party as well , which means they'd be looking for me. I don't understand why they want me but I decided not to ponder over that thought , considering the fact that there is a high chance they're looking for a wrong person. I have nothing against them and I'd be no use to them anyway

As I entered the ballroom , my stomach tied into a knot upon seeing the crowded room.
People dancing to te music. ladies flaunting with their stunning dresses along with well dressed men. I glanced up at the chandeliers one more before making my way to the appetizer table. Cheerful laughs filling the entire room , as people kept talking , dancing , causing goosebumps to raise all over my body.

"Have a drink , ma'am" I heard a voice and spun around to face a butler , who is holding two glasses of champagne.

"She wouldn't have anything tonight " I noticed Zack walk up to the butler with a smile , "She never does" He said , with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I raised a brow before narrowing my eyes at him.

"Guess you were wrong" I sneered as I reached upto a glass of champagne as he smiled.

"How nice" Zack cooed and I simply rolled my eyes at him , taking a sip out of my drink.

"What are you , my personal body guard tonight ?" I mumbled , darting my eyes around the people , as he simply nodded smiling.

"Wasn't I always ?" He grinned and I scoffed before smiling a little. "Do you know why they're looking for you ?" Zack questioned , I shook my head before going silent.