Chapter Two

"Hey!" someone tapped Jaemin on the shoulder, causing him to turn to face whoever it was. It was a boy yesterday. His seatmate, who else?

Jaemin didn't respond, instead returning his gaze to his phone. One more thing, he isn't interested in making this guy his friend. He can live at this school by himself, without the help of others.

Everyone is gonna leave him in the end for sure. What's the purpose?

Jeno put down his bag and came nearer to the transfer student who ignored him just now. Jaemin spotted him out of the corner of his eye and turned to face Jeno, glaring at him.

"What are you doing?" the other asked and eyes were laid on Jaemin's phone. Not giving a care about Jaemin glaring at him. As if it will scare him.

"It's none of your business."

"What the fuck is that? Are you interested in idols too? Haha! What am I saying? Of course you were because you chose to study here to become like them." Jeno laughed at his own prediction while Jaemin was still staring at him blankly and asking himself if this Jeno boy is a normal one.

"I'm not interested in idols. My mother just enrolled me here without my consent." Jaemin rolled his eyes.

He isn't lying about disliking idols. He was just reading an article for today because he has nothing to do. He wanted to sleep but he couldn't since he already slept a lot yesterday and the day before yesterday. He'll surely awake today.

"That's good then! Don't you realize that you have a beautiful voice and surely people will like it because it sounds cold but it can make you calm and relax suddenly." Jeno blurts. "Sounds sexy too."

Jaemin blinks his eyes twice. Did he just complement him? Surely, he's really weird. How can he manage to talk to him like that even if he acts cold and annoyed about his presence at all. All right he has no shame.

It sounds like Jeno was the first one in his life to compliment him after he got better, which is actually not. It sounds just like that, it's been awhile.

"What does it mean?" He asked lazily.

"You have a lovely voice! I've been watching you since yesterday since you never actually talk. I think you're shy, yet there's no sign of it when I hear your voice. Seriously, why are you staying quiet when you have such an unique voice?"

Why does he care? This is out of his business anyway for his goddamn information.

"Is that a compliment?"

"No. It's the truth. Don't you believe me?"

"Stop lying. I have the worst voice. Why am I even talking to you?"

"I dunno. Why? Did you have fun?"

"Shut the fuck up. Stop talking to me." he frowns and he totally ignores Jeno.

Jeno chuckled and went back to his seat but he didn't take his eyes on Jaemin. Jaemin can see his seatmate on his side without looking at him and then, his brows twitch.

*

"Come on! Let's just be friends eo? Jaemin?" Jeno said cutely while following Jaemin who was still ignoring him.

Break time, Jaemin decides to take the rest of his time at the school garden. A group of his classmates were talking about how beautiful the school garden is. He became interested so he looked for it. Gladly, he did.

The only problem is, he didn't notice that Jeno followed him.

"Yah! Na Jaemin!"

"What?!" Jaemin answered, with a hint of annoyance. But Jeno didn't freak out.

"I thought you'll ignore me again. Why do I feel like you're mad at me? I didn't do something bad to you. I just want you to be my friend." he explained.

"Exactly. I told you I don't want to be your friend." Jaemin lazily answered and his emotionless expression was back.

"Why?"

"No reason. I don't need friends in my life at all. Stop wasting your time. I'll keep declining it."

Jeno lets out a sigh. He became interested in this boy who had recently transferred yesterday. He wanted to get to know him, but he saw his odd behavior and suspected that something was wrong. But his desire to know him was too strong for him to stay still, so he approached him. Jeno has witnessed it. The sorrowful expression on the other's face. His longing eyes were very lonely. Jeno was taken aback, but he remained composed.

"I won't. Just to let you know, I'm a man who is true to my words." Jeno smirks and his right brow elevated.

"Whatever."

"I'll take you to my squad. I swear, you won't regret it."

"I can live alone. Shut up."

"Of course you can't. No man is an island. You just think that way."

Jaemin sighs in defeat. He can't win against Jeno and he really wants him to stop. He won't give in.

"Right. Can you leave me now? I want to be alone."

"I can't. Unless, you'll agree to befriend me."

"Oh my god! Leave me alone!" he whines and glaring at the boy.

Jeno seems pleased with what he sees. Jaemin being annoyed, why the hell does this transfer student look cute when he's irritated? Just that, he wanted to annoy him more.

Jaemin really wanted to ignore him, but because Jeno is being a pain in his ass, he can't avoid talking to him angrily. When Jeno starts talking to him, he thinks that he talks a lot too.

*

The bell rang. It means the class is over and Jaemin feels relieved. He put all his books under his desk before pulling his ass on the chair and taking his bag. He was about to leave but someone grabbed him by pulling his uniform's collar. Not really that hard.

"Where are you going?"

It was Jeno again. Jaemin rolled his eyes and Jeno expected that already that's why he giggled.

"I told you to leave me alone." he blubbered.

"I told you too, I can't. You're not a snitch so I won't listen to you. Come with me. I'll take you somewhere."

Before Jaemin could answer, Jeno dragged him already by holding his wrist. Jaemin was still protesting and now cursing at him but he didn't bother. He just laughs and tightens his grip and it makes Jaemin want to curse more.

Jeno is really getting into his nerves but Jaemin had no choice.

"Chill."

"What the hell is your problem? Stop dragging me and get the fuck out of me here! I'm warning you!"

Jaemin is angry right now but Jeno didn't give him a shit of care because he doesn't mind if he'll get mad at him. He and Jaemin get inside the car, it was Jeno's but he didn't like riding his car to go to school, he usually loves to ride in a bus. He's still a minor so he has a driver.

Maybe, it will be the disadvantage of persuading Jaemin but no worries. In the end of this, Jaemin and him will become friends. That's all the matter.

"You'll sue me? Go on. I'm a bit rich. I can get rid of it immediately." Jeno smirks.

"Seriously of all the people who badly want to be your friend you choose me who isn't interested in friendship?" Jaemin confusedly asked, making Jeno's brows turn into pucker.

"Can you tell me why?"

"There's no reason so get me out of here! I'm going home!"

Jeno smiled at him and gave an order to his driver to go somewhere far where he and Jaemin can play around.