Chapter Thirteen

"Since we're already here, I'll buy as many foods as I can and bring them to the camp. I'm gonna love this." Donghyuck said while looking around in the grocery store. Jeno told him that he can buy them at the 7/11 store but Donghyuck said he wants expensive ones.

"Then, I'll buy some too. And for you Jeno? Do you want something?" Lami asked him and quickly, Jeno waved his both hands, signs that he's saying no. "Okay then."

Jeno gathered his courage and approached Jaemin, who was standing motionless and staring intently at the ice creams inside the refrigerator, as if he wanted to seize all of them and devour them without restraint. He's not sure what's gotten into him, but he was ecstatic about the thought of eating a lot today.

Before he could grab one, Jeno already did. "You want some, right? I'll buy this for you." he said and went to the cashier to pay for his ice cream.

Jaemin will be lying if he says that his heart didn't flutter.

In every action of what Jeno is doing, especially for him, his heart is always pounding like crazy. Jaemin really likes him and sometimes, he feels like Jeno likes him too.

He believed that action speaks louder than words.

On the other hand, Jaemin didn't want his hopes to go up. It will hurt him especially, there's Lami.

It's not impossible that Jeno would lay his eyes on her. Lami is very attractive.

She's indeed the school's princess.

"Here." Jeno handed him the ice cream and smiled. "Thank you."

"Always for you!" Jeno then ruffles his hair. Jaemin smiled too and he was about to say something when Lami came suddenly.

"Jeno, come with me. I found something tasty over there." Lami then pulled Jeno along with her.

Jaemin looked at them enviously before dropping his gaze to the ice cream that the boy he likes bought for him.

"Yah Jaemin." Renjun tapped his shoulder to capture his attention. "You like Jeno right? Why don't you tell him that and follow them there. You can't let Lami take him away from you." he added and rubbed chin while watching Jaemin.

Renjun is damn frustrated too.

"I can't. Lami will feel hurt. Another thing, he's not mine in the first place. Nothing's going on between us."

Renjun gasped, realizing that Jaemin was right.

"Then what about you? Don't you feel hurt too?"

Of course I am. Jaemin thought. But how could he let himself ruin the lovely atmosphere between those two?

No, he really can't.

Renjun breathed heavily before taking Jaemin's hand and looking at him seriously.

"Let's get out of here then. We can just let those three roam around there." Then he dragged Jaemin outside.

"Renjun-ah, can you just let me go home? I feel really tired all of a sudden. Please?" Jaemin pleaded and Renjun looked at him in his eyes. Jaemin is not just tired, his lonely stare came back but he can see the pain in Jaemin's eyes too.

"Okay. In one condition! That stare of yours. Can you get rid of it? Jeno will worry if he'lll happen to see you."

Jaemin chuckled and nodded before he and Renjun disappeared at the place.

They did not leave just like that, Renjun texted Donghyuck that he and Jaemin were now on their way to go back home because Jaemin is not feeling well, and he also told Donghyuck to have a powerful excuse so that Jeno will not worry about Jaemin. Jaemin didn't want to tell them personally because he can't let the lovely atmosphere of Jeno and Lami ruin him.