Diner Kisses

Characters: Alice and Alexandra

When Alice first stated working here, I thought I could avoid her, but no.

I couldn't resist the tempting vixen, with her dark brown hair, the feather earrings she wore every day. Her chocolate brown eyes that were filled with warmth.

Everyday she wore a black tank top, cut too low, but with her grace she pulled it off. The traditional red apron around the waist that would remind anyone of a nineties waitress, instead a hipster girl with a charismatic smile and laugh. She wore black jeans and black and white converse.

Everyday she wore the same makeup, concealer that made her tan skin glow, black mascara and eyeliner, along with lipgloss. She wore the same hairstyle, half up, half down. She wore vanilla perfume that usually wafted through the air of the diner as she ran from the kitchen to table continuously.

But that'd look weird, because I am just a stranger to her.

Some weird girl with straight black hair and pale blue eyes, with whiter than paper skin.

The weird girl that she catches staring at her.

We both work at the diner on 5th street, a little one that no one comes at past five o'clock.  But our boss still insists on us working till nine which is closing time.

The girls have a fight over which two of us have to work those nights, her and I got stuck on a Sunday night.

Which is right now.

No one ever comes in during the nights, especially a Sunday. So her and I are just sitting here doing nothing, I half expected her to bail on this shift.

Which would utterly suck for me, 5th street is sketchy at night, and there are usually loiters that stick around till 11 at least. Which means we'll most likely be there till Midnight.

She was sitting on a counter reading a book, everything was cleaned and we were just working on our separate things.

I was doing history homework, for the local community college. While she was reading a book that looked way more interesting than this assignment.

I was working on question 20 (out of 50) when she said my name.

"Alexandra?"

It took me a minute to realize, yes that what was my name. "Yes?" I asked looking up.

"Whatcha doing?" She asked in a cute voice while uncrossing her legs.

"History homework, what book are you reading?"

"Just another cheesy YA novel," she put her ringed hand on her forehead, "I would love to see a gay couple in one of these. I am getting sick of the classic white girl protagonist that has to choose between two guys. Seriously just put her in a room with Perrie Edwards or Selena Gomez and that girl will not be straight anymore."

"True," I laughed, Selena was my first crush that made me realize my gayness.

"What kind do books do you read?" She asked like a kid who was bored and just wanted to ask questions for the sake of it. But it wasn't annoying, it was intriguing.

"Anything that isn't nonfiction or a historical novel." I said chuckling. "It's boring as hell."

"Same here, I love high fantasy especially anything written by Sarah J Maas, she's an icon." She said wistfully, I looked over to see her staring at the ceiling out of boredom.

"Yes she is." I said while writing down the answer to the question.

"I'm sorry am I annoying you?" My head snapped up to find her blush and scratching her forehead.

"Not at all," I smiled, "I just work ahead, I'm an overachiever."

"Same, well depends on the subject, Math and Science? No thanks. History and English? Yes please." She laughed and it sounded genuinely happy.

"I like all subjects, but history tends to be a toughie so I'm getting it out of the way." I said tapping my pencil against my book.

"Do you need any help?" She said closing her book, she set it by her bag next to her and walked over. Her heeled boots clicked over to the booth I was sitting in.

She pulled over a chair from a table and read the question and explained it to me. But the only thing I could hear was the blood rushing in my ears. It was so, so very obvious.

She looked over at me and smiled, "you weren't listening?"

How can I? is what I wanted to ask so I did.

"How can I?" Oh my God, did I actually say that? I'm going to be single the rest of my life if I start using cheesy frat boy lines like that.

She blushed, the red just made her look flushed, and more beautiful. "You have the most beautiful eyes." She whispered.

I almost said they weren't, but I found that if I said that, it'd be the worst thing to say.

"Thank you," I whispered, "yours are beautiful as well."  Her eyes were the color of whiskey.

"Thanks." She said smiling sweetly and hesitantly, as if she was scared to talk to me.

I saw her eyes trail from my eyes to my mouth, I don't know who leaned in first but our lips met in the middle.

It felt so good to kiss girls.

And I mean so so good.

Her lips tasted like cupcakes (due to her lipgloss) I seemed to drown in her scent. I became intoxicated, I felt like I was floating.

Her hand cupped my cheek as our lips clashed together. She gently kissed me as if I was going to shatter, I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if I spontaneously combusted.

We pulled away and leaned our foreheads together, our breaths mingling. Thank god I had a mint after dinner break.

"Wow," she whispered, then she winced, "that was the cheesiest thing to say after a kiss."

I softly giggled, "that's alright, I like cheesy."

"Thank God, I tend to be cheesy." She said giggling.

"Good," I said and closed the distance between us.

That's how we spent the rest of the night, kissing and talking.

I never got to ask what we were, I was too scared to.

But then the next morning rolled around, she walked in and pulled me into a kiss, "good morning gorgeous." She whispered.

She winked at the staring crowd and walked back around to clock in.

"Can I get in on that?" Murray said from the bar area, if anyone else said that, I would've sneezed in their morning muffin and coffee.

But it was Murray, an old man, who was without a doubt the sweetest and jokiest old man I'd ever met.

"Nope, she's all mine," Alice said popping out of the kitchen, she kissed me on the cheek and handed me the tab book.

I smiled like an idiot and went to go to my first patron of the day.

Although I didn't miss our boss give one of the other girls some money when Alice kissed me.

Girls Who Like GirlsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara