Nobody Like You (TRIGGER)

Huge Trigger warning for abusive relationships!

I'm alive, and living's just a beating heart
'Cause we won't admit we've taken it too far

Our love was never meant to last a lifetime, it was never meant to mean more than anything in my life. But it kept going, it took me surprise and I fell for you deeper. But something always lurks in those depths.

I know it's love cause I will always be the first
To start making up excuses when it hurts

You were the first person I had ever loved, the first person I could be myself around. But when the loving turned into loathing, I said it was just a bad day. It was just a bad moment.

But I'm alone, I'm alone, I'm alone again
And all I want, all I want is to feel again

After I said goodbye, after I walked out that damn door; I cant feel anything anymore. The lightness I felt around you crumbled into shadows.

There's nobody like you (nobody like you), nobody like you (nobody like)
I've tried goodbye a hundred times, not one of them true
Nobody like you (nobody like you), nobody like you (nobody like)
I'm screaming "I don't want you" but you know that I do (nobody like you)

I couldn't say goodbye to you, I couldn't walk away. No matter how hard it got I wanted to stay by your side. Do you know how twisted that is? How twisted it is that, no matter how bad we got, I wanted to stay?

Strong, a side of me you never found
'Cause you only see me when my guard is down
And it's wrong, and I hate that it's the truth
But I only like myself when I'm with you

You never saw the strong side of me, to you, I was weak. You were the only person that could make me break completely, that could shatter me with one sheer look of disappointment. But when you were happy for me, I've never felt such joy.

But I'm alone, I'm alone, I'm alone again
And all I want, all I want is to feel again

Because of you, I pushed away all those that I loved. Because you told me that they were trying to break us up, now my friends and family don't talk to me. And it's all your fault.

There's nobody like you (nobody like you), nobody like you (nobody like)
I've tried goodbye a hundred times, not one of them true
Nobody like you (nobody like you), nobody like you (nobody like)
I'm screaming "I don't want you" but you know that I do (nobody like you)

You had the worlds most beautiful smile, and it's what roped me in. Your creative drive, your beautiful face, it's what got me. I never saw passed the facade.

Oh, I wanna feel you in the dark
I could use, I could use some
But all you left me with was scars
And that's the hardest part
There's nobody like you, nobody like you
I've tried goodbye a hundred times, not one of them true

I remember it all, the night I walked out. I still feel your hits, your painful words. I still remember calling my best friend and telling her to come get me. Her being confused because I was sobbing, once she saw the blood streaming down my face, she knew.

There's nobody like you (nobody like you), nobody like you (nobody like you)
I've tried goodbye a hundred times, not one of them true
Nobody like you (nobody like you), nobody like you (nobody like you)
I'm screaming "I don't want you" but you know that I do (nobody like you)

You fucked me up, I cant love the same way I used to. I cant be the same bubbly person. Because I have to live with that. You don't. You go on like nothing ever happened because you don't realize the consequences of your actions.

Nobody like, nobody like, nobody like you
Nobody like, yeah, nobody like you
Nobody like, nobody like you

The most fucked up thing out of all of this is that I miss you.