Zodiac Lovers

I woke up to the stars shining bright outside my chambers window. I sighed contently, breathing in the scent of the sensual amber that drifted around the room. I turned over to see the beautiful Celeste laying next to me. Her tan skin was luminous from the brilliant moonlight, she looked so peaceful. It was nice to see her relaxed, she's been stressing to the point of calling in sick to her job at the castle.

Celeste is a worker at the castle. Her family has been working for my family for generations, we've been friends since we were children. She's the love my life, always has been. 

I brushed her dark hair out of her face and she hummed, she opened her eyes. She gave me a soft sleepy smile that had my heart racing. I wonder if she knew how much power she had over me. How my heart was in her hand.

She leaned over to press a soft kiss against my lips, I cupped her face and held her to me. She pulled away, "I have to go." She pressed another quick kiss and got up off the bed.

"Babe," I whined, falling back into my red sheets. I watched as she walked around the bed. She picked up slimsy fabric off the ground, then tied up her chest undergarment, she slid on her other ones. I sighed, hating the fact that she had to leave in the middle of the night.

It was just another reminder that we could never be together outside of my chambers.

Being two women in love wouldn't have gotten us in trouble, our zodiac classes were. I was a Leo which was royalty, I don't know why; Leos are narcissistic enough without royalty let alone with it. She was an Aquarius, the bottom of the chain along with Pisces. I really don't know why our kingdom has enforced this bullshit. The top three in the chain were Leo, Cancer and Virgo. The bottom three were Gemini, Aquarius and Taurus. 

"No, Leona." She said turning to face me.

"That's not what you were saying last night." I smirked and gazed at her.

She sighed, irritated with my comment. "If I don't leave now and I wait until morning again, we are at a higher perl of getting caught. Especially after Chance caught me in that stupid closet." I choked down a giggle, because her getting caught by in a suspicious location by her superior was no laughing matter. But the irony of her being in a closet was. 

"Technically speaking, you are in the closet, my love." I said letting a laugh loose.

She scoffed, "you ass," she hissed and grabbed a glove from my vanity to throw at me. I caught it perfectly.

"You have to admit my ass is beautiful."

"Unfortunately, your personality dulls the perfection of your body." She said sassily.

I put a hand to my heart in mock-hurt, "ouch, my love. That almost stings as bad as you not staying the night. Ever." I was done with this shit, I wanted Celeste to stay with me, forever.

She sighed, "Leona," she trailed off. She sat on the edge of the bed and I scooted closer.

I kissed her brand on her shoulder, everyone was branded. I had a Lion, she had a waterbearer. Society was fucked and has been branding us since our eighteenth birthday.

I spoke gently, "we've been in hiding for four years." My lips grazed her shoulder as I spoke.

She turned to face me, "I know." She brushed my hair back, "I wish we didn't have to do this."

"We don't," I leaned into her palm as it rested against my cheek.

"Love-"
"We don't have to hide," I said irritably. "Nobody gives a shit anymore, we aren't depending on some damn marital rights book anymore."

Signs could not be romantically involved, it's been forbidden for hundred of years. The Sign Tesseract.

I sighed and grabbed her hand, "I love you."

"And, I love you." She said looking at me with her big brown eyes that I can't help but see the stars in. "I've loved you since we were ten year olds messing around in the garden." I remember those days every day of my life. Us playing with the glowing, iridescent flowers, and playing in the pool of glowing moonlit water.

I swallowed down the nerves in my stomach, I leaned back and reached to the nightstand, "I was waiting until tonight but since we're doing declarations." I didn't miss how her eyes glanced at my breasts straining against the black fabric of my thin, silk nightgown. Those eyes ignited the fire in my stomach.

I opened my drawer and popped out a red velvet box. I looked to see her eyes widen, "Leona..."

"Hang on, I have a speech." I giggled and I fumbled the box, "ah, fuck okay maybe I don't. But I'm gonna try."

She giggled, "okay."

I breathed out, "Celeste, I have loved you for three years of our relationship. I know it started off as an experimental thing but we then realized how real our feelings were for each other. I remember the night I realized I love you. You wanted us to have a real date," my eyes welled up at the memory. I blinked them back. "You took me out to the moonlight pool. We didn't need any lanterns because of how bright that pool was. You made us a dessert platter. We then went swimming and I'm sure you remember that part." I laughed as she blushed crimson.

"Oh shut up." She wiped her tears away, "you're ruining the moment."

"You being a Top was great." I laughed, "but..." I went to open the box. "Nobody had ever done anything like that for me. Nobody has really cared about me the way you have. I love to make you happy, to make you laugh. I love being your shoulder when you need me." Tears started streaming down my cheeks. They were streaming down hers to. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, making you laugh, holding you. I want to marry you." I popped the box open to show of the silver ring inside of it. It was a diamond with a crown of amethysts.

She gasped, "I-I-I...."

"Will you marry me?" I whispered, nerves crawled up my throat.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!" She said in a fit of tears and wrapped her arms around me. We fell back into the cushy silk in a fit of giggles. She pulled back and cupped my face in her hands, she pressed her soft lips into mine. I quickly shut the box and reached over to set it on the nightstand.

Every time I kissed her, I fell deeper. It was a drug, a toxin.       

She pulled back, "how are we going to break the news to the kingdom?"

I hummed, "well since I'm the only blood heir, they can't really overthrow me. And if there are riots. Let there be. We won't fight fire with fire, besides my mother is not the queen any longer and my father is not the king. I'm the only full royal blood child, everybody is stuck with my laws, and my choices." I gave her a look, "you're in for a storm, Star." I used the nickname I gave her back when we were kids.

"I'm honored, Ember." She said using my old nickname. "I'm honored to be in this with you."

"You're going to regret that in a few years." I giggled as I leaned my head back into the pillow.

"I highly doubt that," she said pressing a delicate kiss to the hollow of my throat and nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck.

I pressed a kiss to her forehead, I heard her hum in delight before I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.