Chapter 4

Link blushed, suddenly realizing what he had just done and said. He took a step back and looked away,

"I...I'm sorry," he said. To his surprise, she laughed. He looked up at her, confused,

"Your ridiculous, Link," She stepped closer to him and kissed him. When she pulled back, she smiled, "I've been wanting you to do that for a while," he smiled, still slightly shocked. How could he have not realized? Sometimes, he thought he really was blind.

The hero led Zelda back to the inn. Ilia was nowhere to be seen. Link took her hand and said to the children,

"We're going to be leaving soon. Say your goodbyes and put your stuff outside so I can load it into the carriage," They all nodded and ran upstairs. Link kissed her hand before walking back outside. He had to find Ilia.

First, he walked to the Sanctuary. She had spent a lot of time there while Link was on his journey, so Link hoped she would be there now.

Renado looked up at him when he walked in. Ilia wasn't in sight,

"Link, Is there something I can do for you?" the shaman asked,

"Do you know where Ilia is? She ran off at one point and I need to find her," he said, stepping towards him. He shook his head, worry displayed on his face,

"Sorry. I haven't seen her," Link nodded,

"Ok, thanks anyway," he said hurriedly before walking out. He looked towards the spring, where he had left Epona.

She wasn't there.

If Ilia had taken her, she could be anywhere in Hyrule, and he couldn't find her without Epona. He sat down and ran his hands through his hair. He took out his charm and whistled for his horse.

Nothing.

Of course she wouldn't come if she had a rider. He groaned and put his head against the wall. What now?

"Hey, honey," a familiar voice said. He looked up and smiled,

"Telma? What are you doing in Kakariko?"

"Where do you think you're getting the horse that's leading your carriage?" he laughed before realizing,

"Can I borrow him? Ilia is gone, and she's taken Epona," he got up, standing eye to eye with her,

"Sure, honey. He's down by the bomb shop,"

"Thanks, Telma. I'll see you later," He walked past her and down to Barnes' Bomb shop. A Black stallion brayed and shook his head. Luckily, he hadn't been attached to the carriage yet. Link jumped up and kicked his side. The stallion neighed and began galloping towards the spring. He turned him and they left the town behind them.

Link realized as the Kakariko got farther away that he had little idea where to start. He imagined that she would head to Telma's bar, but she wouldn't stay very long once she realized she wasn't there. If Link got there once she had already left, he would go to Ordon. If she wasn't there, he had no idea where else to look. He had a far ways to go before he even reached Castle Town. His eyes grew wide. Zelda had no idea he had gone. What would she think? He sighed. He urged the horse faster. The shorter time he was away, the better.

It was late evening by the time he reached the remains of Castle Town. A few robgoblins had messed with him on the way, and, since the horse wasn't used to it, got spooked, and Link had to struggle to stay on. The robgoblins weren't living anymore. He led him to the edge of the bridge and hopped off. He thanked the goddesses that it was still in tact. He ran across and through the gate. He gasped at the sight. Nobody was in sight, and smoke filled the air. Buildings were destroyed, and most were on fire. He coughed and ran through the main square. The farther away from the castle he got, the better the town looked, but not by much. He went down the alley that led to the bar. He took a deep breath and opened the door.