єíght

Warning: description of abuse ahead.

Pain.

It trembled through her veins with raging fire and ash.

Her fingernails dug into her palms, her teeth engraved in her bottom lip. But the choked cries still managed to leave her mouth.

The blows rained down on her. One to the head, two to the stomach and a couple to the ribs. They left her blurred and hurt, gasping for air.

"Stop. Please." Was all she could whisper. Blood trickled out of her mouth and down the side of her face.

With a final kick to the stomach, he stopped.

Amara wheezed, curling into a ball and sobbed. The pain was excruciating. It was a violent burn, tearing through her muscles and body.

"Dumb bitch. Next time, maybe you won't try to leave me."

Amara couldn't respond, she could only tuck into herself more.

She heard him walk around her, like a lion examining its killed prey. He hummed and kicked up the dirt.

"Maybe you haven't learned your lesson yet? Hmm?" Her breath hitched.

"But I know what will—" A hand thread through her air and yanked her up into a slouched position.

He smiled wide at the sight of her bloodied face. His eyes gleamed dark with satisfaction.

"Should I go fetch that little sister of yours?"

Amara choked on the blood that clogged in her throat. "No! No please!"

He began to laugh. It was loud and joyful.

"Please, no!"

His laugh rang in her ears. It was vivid and haunting.

"No!"

She opened her eyes.

The light flooded into the tent, and the birds chirped happily around her.

Amara sat up, seeing she was alone. She wiped away the perspiration that clung to her face.

She took a deep breath and sat there for a moment, chewing on her lip.

She heard the noise and clatter of a camp in motion. The children squealed and laughed, the mothers would be muttering amongst themselves as they watched the kids.

Amara sighed and got up, quickly changing out of her sleeping clothes and pulled on her boots.

When she stepped out of the tent, the sun immediately set its gaze on her. For a moment, she wondered what time it was.

Amara walked up the hill and noticed Rick standing by Glenn. She walked over to them.

"Mornin'." Rick smiled at her and she nodded.

Glenn didn't even look at her, he was too focused on Dale and Jim taking apart the red Camaro in front of them.

"Look at em, vultures." Glenn frowned.