nineteen.

19 | MYSTERIOUS BURNS

     "He's not healing is he?" 

The question echoed throughout Deaton's office, nobody daring to say anything. Not because they didn't want to, it was just because they didn't know. Luke was obviously a supernatural creature, his glowing eyes and abilities gave that away, but the fact that he wasn't healing from a bullet wound made everyone confused.

A werewolf could heal from a bullet wound, granted Deaton thought the bullet currently sitting on the metal table next to the unconscious Hale was poisoned, but the problem was, Luke wasn't a werewolf. Whatever he was, wasn't letting him heal due to this.

Deaton ran three tests to figure out what kind of poison was lodged into his body, but nothing had came up. They didn't know what was happening to him. They were completely clueless. It's been five hours since the pack brought him into the vet's office and they still hadn't come up with a conclusion.

"We should call Derek, maybe he knows something." Lydia Martin mumbled staring at what could be the love of her life dying right in front of her. Her and Luke were never officially together, but they had something. And that something meant something to Lydia, and she understood that she messed up when she kept the biggest secret she could from Luke. It was her fault.

Stiles shook his head, not being able to take his sight away from the Hale who he thought was invincible. Never did Stiles think that this would happen to him, in his eyes Luke was almighty and powerful. "Derek didn't know he had a younger brother until a week ago, there's no way he could know anything."

Malia took her teary eyes away from someone she still considered her brother, even if he really wasn't. "We have to do something. My brother is dying, I'm not just going to stand by and watch it happen." She was the only one that spoke the truth, it hurt her to do so but she had to knock some sense into the pack. She was afraid of the truth, Luke was with her through everything (despite the years she spent living as a coyote) and sure, he was currently not speaking to her but that was still her brother. Her family. Her best friend.

The group stumbled back in fright as Luke violently shook on the table before settling down again; in the past five hours, Luke had episodes of what looked like a brief epileptic seizure. This is the seventh time it's happened, and every time it happens the Hale's skin got incredibly hot and his heartbeat would go so slow and faint that even Scott had trouble hearing it. And then a couple seconds later it would just return to normal.

Deaton had never seen anything like it, but he definitely agreed with Malia. "I can't help him Scott, I'm sorry. I don't have the equipment to do a surgery on him, it's too dangerous. Give this to your mother, she'll know what to do." The mentor handed Scott a jar with lime green powder, and without a second thought they were all out of the door.

The teens rushed through the hospital looking for Melissa McCall. She was the only one that could help. "Hey have you seen Melissa McCall?" Stiles stopped to ask some random nurse. She nodded and pointed to the left, "She's taking a break in the break room right now."

Saying a low thank you, the teens ran through the halls of the hospital looking for the older McCall. "Mom? Mom?!" 

Scott slammed the door open, startling the woman inside. She was about to scold her son but she stopped herself when she saw the frantic look in everyones eyes. "What happened?"