Crush

Charlie's P.O.V.

After a heartwarming conversation and some catching up, Chase and I said our goodbyes. We were just waiting for Finn to take us home, considering he brought us here in the first place. At the end of the day, I'm glad I took the chance of being with my family once again. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt like I could have a fresh start. I can have new friends, be closer to my family and maybe, just maybe, I can have that chance of proving myself to Chase.

All day it seemed like Chase was spacing off and was deep in thought. I wonder if he was thinking about me and if he was, I hope it was good. Looking beside me, I saw Chase was staring at me. The way he was looking made my heart jump and my body tingle. Unknown emotions were swirling in his eyes.

"So, how was your Dad? What was his condition?" He asked me, concern clear on his face. I didn't know if he was concerned for me or for my Dad but I'm thankful that he cares.

"He's fine. Well, not fine like he doesn't have health problems but you know, fine." I stumbled on my words a bit. It was kinda hard to answer his question without flushing since he probably saw me staring at him. I'm such a creep.

He chuckled a bit on my answer and took my hand in his. Comforting silence enveloped us, leaving me with a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. He closed his eyes and hummed a familiar song. I forgot where I had heard it.

A loud fake coughing brought us out of our own little worlds. I turned my head to the side and saw my brother, Finn, looking at us with eyes filled with amusement. His lips were quirked in a weird way, making him look half smirking, half smiling. I can see in his face that he was about to insinuate something but before he did, I kicked his shin. My face held a warning look that said 'Say something inappropriate then you'll die.' and if he hadn't noticed it yet, well then, he's stupid.

He put his arms up in mock surrender and led us into his car. I sat at the backseat while Chase sat at the passenger seat. Looking out the window as Finn turned on the ignition, I saw Dad and Jake at the porch waving at us goodbye. I waved back as the car drove forward, leaving my Dad and Jake until their figures disappeared from the distance.

"I hopped off the plane at LAX

With a dream and a cardigan

Welcome to the land of fame excess

Am I gonna fit in?" Chase and Finn sang as the song, Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus blasted from the car radio's speaker.

I groaned the whole time we were driving as they belted out the lyrics of Party In The USA. The radio was long turned off because I threw my compact mirror at it. At first, they complained about the boring silence and that I broke it. But after awhile, they decided to just sing a Capella to annoy me.

I rolled my eyes at their idiotic ideas and just took my earphones out and listened to my iPod. The song American Idiots by Greenday came on, which is ironic. Here are two Americans being idiots.

The whole ride home was pretty much boring from then. Finn and Chase stopped singing a while ago and are now just talking about football and sexy actresses. I snorted at them. It's not like those actresses would notice them.

"Charles wake up." A masculine voice told me, shaking me gently. I groaned and just turned around, continuing my sleep. The voice decided to wake me up again and I got annoyed. I groaned again but decided to get up. I slightly swayed from suddenly standing up and someone helped me up on my feet. Whoever touched me felt familiar. The touch sent tingles through my skin.

As my eyes surpassed the initial blur, I came face to face with a worried yet handsome Chase. I was shocked of our too-close-for-comfort distance and I hastily took a step back, causing my other foot to slip. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact. It never came. I opened my eyes and came face to face with Chase with a much closer distance. The distance between us were so close, our lips were almost touching. Our breaths, fighting for dominance.

"Are you okay?" He asked, almost breathless. I didn't trust my voice to speak, so I just nodded.

"As much as I love you two and support whatever your relationship may be, it's still a bit disturbing seeing my Sis like this." Finn told us with a face of pure amusement.

Chase quickly let go of me and helped me stand properly. He stood away from me and didn't dare look me in the eye. I am so embarrassed of what my brother just saw. I probably looked like a love struck puppy.

"Anyway, I better leave. It's getting late." Finn's voice broke the akward silence that ensued after our Chase and I's little moment.

"Yeah, alright. See you bro." Chase said as they did this manhug thing. I don't know why but I feel that they're communicating using their eyes about me. Maybe them poking at me was a give away.

Finn turned to look at me. "Bye big bro. I'm gonna miss you." I said as I hugged him. He hugged me back and whispered to me.

"Visit us okay, little kiddo?" I just nodded and told him to take care of himself and of Jake and Dad. Finn said goodbye to us one last time before he entered his car and drove away.

And then there was two.

I looked at Chase and saw him staring at me. I want to tell him that I liked him so badly. I don't want to think of the 'What if's' and I just want to know if he and I has a chance. And tel him I would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase's P.O.V.

I was staring at Charlie. God she's so beautiful. I don't know what I feel about her yet. I mean, I just broke up with Tiffany and I loved her. I sighed. I don't know why I keep thinking of her when I know she didn't love me back.

"I like you." Charlie said looking at me. I was shocked a bit at her confession. It's not everyday you get confessed to. I searched signs of lying on her face and saw none.

"What? Like as in friends or like like as in crush?" I asked her curiously.

"Crush." She told me with confidence. I was now really shocked. I don't know what I felt about her yet and I didn't want her to get hurt if she found out I didn't like her back. So instead of answering her, I walked away.

_________________

Author's note:

Oooohhh! Charlie finally confessed her feelings!! Haha how brave but too bad Chase walked away. It's a bit cowardly but some guys actually do this. I base this on experience.

Story:

I once had a crush on a popular guy. He has a lot of girls falling at his feet. He and I were really close and he always told everyone he liked me. Of course, I liked him back so I thought he was telling the truth. At the end of our school year, I confessed that I liked him but he didn't reply and just walked away. A year later, I found out he already has a girlfriend. I wasn't the sad heartbroken type of girl but I was enraged that he just played my feelings.

So warning to all naive boyfriend-less girls:

Don't let their charms and words fool you. They may have a hidden agenda or something.

Anyway, love to all the readers out there and thank you for reading. Now shameless advertisement isn't something you can't do. So, please read my other stories as well!! Haha

Vote

Comment

Read

Follow

-JulieXOXO