Chapter 3

"I'm home," Yachi said upon entering their house. Like always, she was greeted by silence. She doesn't mind though. She loves the silence and solitude after all. When she stepped foot on there, a not-so-common view surprised her.

"Mom? Why are you already here?"

The brunette woman flinched and turn to see the girl. "Oh, Hitoka. Welcome home. They let us take an early leave today. Oh, by the way, I overheard from a coworker that your school will be having a party this Friday. Their kids also attend there. So I decided to buy you this," she turns to the plastic bag behind her and rummages through it.

Yachi awkwardly walks towards her mom. After a few seconds, Madoka pulled out a white, frilly dress that fits Yachi's size. The dress doesn't look that bad. After all, Madoka's good at picking clothes. But the mere thought that she bought that for her would only mean that she wants her daughter to attend the party which totally makes her cringe. God, only if her mother knows how tough it is for her to be just at the party.

"Try this on. I think it looks good on you," her mom smiled.

The girl hesitated before taking the dress from her mother. She stared at it awkwardly for seconds until the mother spoke.

"You don't like it?" Madoka asked, her tone hinted with worry.

The girl shakes her head. "N-no. It's not like that. It's just..." I can't attend the party, is what she wanted to say but lacks the courage to spit it.

"Is it too small or too big?"

"No, I think it fits. I'll just go to my room to try it on," she smiled at her mother, though forced, as she climbs upstairs, holding the dress in her arms.

Her sad eyes lock on the stairs and on the floor while making her way through her room. The dress looks expensive. There's no way she can say that she can't go now that Madoka had bought her this. Besides, she's a shut-in so her mom gets really excited whenever there's a party that she needs to attend. She's glad that her mother is supportive and all but this character of her makes it hard for Yachi to resist, knowing that she just wants her daughter to be happy, which is making the opposite effect. She opens her room door and closed it after making herself in. Sighing, she walks to her bed and lays herself on it.

"It's fine. It won't take a day, just a few hours. You'll be okay," she whispered to herself while hugging the clothes in her arms.

°°°

Yachi is currently in one of the cubicles in the school restroom. Fortunately, her panic attack came during lunch time so she doesn't have to skip classes again like she did yesterday. She is trying to calm herself when a bunch of footsteps came into the comfort room. She covered her mouth so her heavy breathing won't be audible.

"My boyfriend looked like a freak wearing that costume. I even took pictures of him," one of the girls outside said while giggling.

"Speaking of freak, don't you think Yachi-san is, I don't know, acting weird?" The other said which made Yachi's attention focus on the conversation outside and slightly forget about her panic attack.

"What do you mean by acting weird? She IS weird. Do you think it's normal to run away from the class after they were called for a recitation or just run away for no reason? Only weirdos do that!" The third girl said then the three laugh.

They continue to talk but Yachi didn't bother to listen to their conversation at all. She was fighting the urge to sob and fighting her own thoughts. Only if they know how hard it is for her. She waited for them to leave before she can cry all out. It's not her fault why she is like this. She didn't choose to live like this. If possible, she will get rid of it easily but she knows she can't. She calms herself by thinking happy and positive thoughts like the cute animals and quiet places. That worked somehow. She wipes her face and fixed herself before stepping out of the cubicle. She can't just stay there for long or else she'll miss her lunch. When she looks much better, she opens the cubicle door and steps outside it and the comfort room. She keeps her head low to keep people from noticing her red eyes from crying.

The girls earlier were obviously her classmates and she doesn't want to run into them. But that might be a little impossible since they eat inside their classroom and so does Yachi. But it would be obvious that she heard something if she keeps avoiding them. This is definitely tough.

A hand taps Yachi's shoulder which made her flinch in surprise. She slowly looks at the hand and to the owner of it. Behind her was the guy from yesterday.

"Oh, as I thought it's Yachi-san!" He beamed.

"H-huh? H-how did you know my n-name?"

ⓐⓝ

Me: Kimi ni Zen zen ze-
Me to myself: stop