Chapter 11

Yachi still went to school even after that day when they falsely accused her of stealing her classmate's wallet. Her eyes are swollen after crying the whole night. As usual, she avoided eye contact. When she finally gets to her room, whispers can be heard in every corner of the room. This really sucks. She doesn't want to be here. She wants to go home. She bits her lips to stop herself from crying. She's been telling herself that it's alright, that she can get through this day.

°°°

Yachi went outside the classroom to eat her lunch. She doesn't want to eat her food in a toxic room. It'll just take away her appetite. She was walking in the hallway when she heard her name from a distance.

"Yachi-saaaaaannnnn!" Hinata called while waving his arms in the air, running towards her direction. She noticed that he's with the guy that took her to the infirmary yesterday.

"Hello, Hinata. What's up?"

He stops when she got near her. He's not even panting after that running to catch up to her. "You weren't there yesterday when I visited you. Your classmates said that you went home already. What happened? I was really worried," he asked, his eyes are filled with worry.

She bites her lower lip. What happened yesterday was really unpleasant that she wants to forget. Even going to school is painful. But she doesn't want to bother him so she said that she was feeling unwell. Hinata believed in her. He knows that she's been struggling because of her disorders so he didn't ask any further. Yachi felt relieved somehow. They parted because the two has to go to an upperclassman from their club to discuss something. Yachi, in the other hand, went on the school grounds to eat there.

Yachi thought that it will be another normal day for her but it isn't. Upon reaching her room, she went to her seat only to find a wallet under her table where you put your belongings in it.  She takes it and examines it. She  was about to ask a classmate if they know who puts it there but those scrutinies from yesterday froze her. She can't speak or move and explain to them that it wasn't her doing. All the strength inside her escaped her.

"Hey, that's Marika's wallet!" The girl from yesterday blurted while pointing towards her direction, making the others look her way. "I can't believe you really have it all this time!" She walks to her direction, her hand on her hip. "Don't you know that we're so worried because it contains Marika's allowance for the whole week?"

She took a deep breath. She felt scared, scared of everyone, scared of the situation she's in, scared of everything. She slowly shakes her head, trying to say that it's not her.

"What? Are you saying that you didn't do it? But here's the evidence already and everybody here's a witness," the other girl growled.

The school bell rang and the next teacher entered their room. The class went silent. The teacher noticed that something was up with the class so he asked what is happening.

"Sensei," the girl grabs Yachi's wrist roughly that is holding the wallet. "We finally found the wallet and guess who's the culprit!"

Yachi nervously looks at their teacher, the light hits his glasses so she can't see where he is looking right now. He pushes his glasses up and said, "Yachi, go to the faculty after class. I'll tell this to your adviser."

"S-sen-sensei... It-it's not me!" Yachi said, her voice is shuddering.

He ignored her. "Alright, class! Go to your seats now," the teacher yelled to make sure everyone in the class hears him.

Her classmate lets go of her wrist and snatched the wallet on her hand. She whispered, "Thief," before going to her seat and handed it to the owner who is just behind her. The owner thanked her and told her that she went overboard.

Yachi can't believe it. Even the teachers don't trust her. She slowly sits on her chair, her head hanging low and her bangs cover her eyes. She felt humiliated. She doesn't want to be here anymore. She wanted to escape just like yesterday but she has no energy left and the teacher is already there. She was sitting there the whole time but she didn't listen to any lesson nor write notes. She's been thinking how to convince her teacher that it wasn't really her.

The classes has finally ended and Yachi decided to went to the faculty as what the teacher told her earlier, ignoring the annoying whispers of her classmates. Stepping outside the door of her classroom, she saw Hinata waiting for her with Kageyama on his side. When Kageyama noticed her, Hinata turned to see her and gave her a big smile.

"Ah, you're finally here! Let's go home together," Hinata grinned at her.

She smiled bitterly. Maybe the teacher can wait for the next day.

ⓐⓝ

I'm so happy I finally got my Nekoma hoodie 😊