Chapter 6

Loud sounds came bawling from the huge speakers greeted her as soon as she finally got to their school. People chatter out loud and laugh heartily as if there's no tomorrow. People move too much which Yachi found stressful just by watching them. She tried to avert her attention to other stuffs but the noise overpowers her brain. It was really a wrong choice to attend this party especially she doesn't know anyone from the crowd. But it was required by the school so she has no choice but to come. She hates parties. It was fun for others but it's a hell for her. She stood at the corner at the room, watching the people do their stuffs. God, how she wants to go home already. She feels as if she doesn't belong to this place.

Her head suddenly throbs. Her breathing starts to be unstable. It's starting. She scanned the place to look for the exit. Maybe it's also a wrong decision to find somewhere slight peaceful when it's too far away from the exit. She bits her lip. She has no choice but to pass through the horde of people. She took a deep breath before walking towards the crowd. She pushed herself out of the place, squishing to the bunch of people while mumbling, "Excuse me," as she tried to pass them.

Her hands are shaking. This is getting bad. She needs to break out from the party before her actual panic attack occurs or else she'll caught lots of attention. She doesn't want that. She continues to push herself out of the crowd until the exit came to view. She felt relieved for a moment. She sprinted out of the huge room but bumping someone in the process.

"Sorry," she apologized without looking at the person she bumped with.

After she successfully left the noisy place, Yachi finally found a peaceful spot, the comfort room, and this is where her panic attack turns worse. Fortunately, there's no one in there. She stood in front of the mirror while her hands are gripping the lavatory. She is already panting crazily, not because she's tired, but because her panic attack is getting worse. She clutched on her chest, as if her heart will jump out. Her body is uncontrollably shaking, her sight starts to cloud because of the tears flowing out from her eyes, her fingers are quivering and her breathing got worse. As if she's gonna die right now. She tried to calm herself by clearing her mind and closing her eyes.

She heard some footsteps approaching closer to her direction. She felt tense. She wanted to run away so no one would see her in her vulnerable and shameful moment but her body is already weak to do that. She just hopes that they won't find her but it seems pretty impossible because her heavy breathing creates sounds.

"Oh, so this is where you wen- hey, are you alright?!" The person asked. From the sound of it, it's a guy. He sounds unexpectedly surprised. Wait, she knows that voice.

"Yachi-san, is that you?"

Great, he finally knows, she thought.

She didn't look at him. It is such an embarrassing sight already so no way. Even if she wants to look at him, she doesn't have energy to do so.

"Um, I'm coming in. There's no one here, right?" Hinata cautiously asked before entering the female comfort room. He walks near Yachi then gingerly holds both of her shoulders from her back. He's still puzzled at her behavior right now so he tried to ask her what's happening but he only got the sobbing and wheezing from the girl. This bothered him more and he has no idea how to help so he did what came to his mind.

He turns her around then wraps his arm around her waist. He rubs her back then brings her head to lean on his shoulder.

Yachi can't process what is happening but she didn't try to release from him. This is comforting her in a way.

"I don't know what should I do to help. This is the best I can do so don't cry anymore," he whispered into her ear. His soothing voice reduced her heavy breathing and the knots in her stomach disappeared.

She burrows her head on his shoulder and wraps her trembling hands around his. She manage to say, "Thank you," with her low, shaky voice. Hinata somehow heard it and a smile appeared on his face.

"Thank me later after you've calmed down."

ⓐⓝ

I don't know if all school do this but our school held parties every year and I think everyone is required to come