Epilogue

"Good morning. I came here to visit Yachi Hitoka," Madoka said at the counter.

"Ah, Hitoka-chan's mother. Good morning to you, too," the beautiful lady greeted the brunette with a smile. "Just a moment, okay? I'll take you to her." She turns to her side to search for a folder inside a small cabinet which contains records of the patient. When she finally found the name Yachi, she takes it and opens the folder. She scribbles something on it and stands up, still holding the folder in her hands. She leaves her chair and nudges Madoka to follow her. They walk on the the white hallway which is almost filled with people.

"How's my daughter doing, Shimizu-san?" The brunette asks the bespectacled girl beside her.

She hesitated at first before answering. "Well, it's like the usual. Most of the time, she would space out. There are times when she would call a name and cry. And it seems like she's still seeing things, more particularly a person."

"I see," she responded, her voice was filled with sadness.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with such a terrible situation. Being separated from your daughter must be tough," Shimizu Kiyoko, Yachi's nurse, said.

The mother smiled bitterly. "Well, I don't mind as long as she's in good hands in here. Besides, I have work during weekdays starting from afternoon to night. I'm just worried on what will happen to her if I'm away from home. She was having panic attacks almost everyday and I don't want her to feel worse if she had one and I'm not there by her side." There was a long pause before she speaks again. "I'm also responsible for this. I never asked her the things that are bothering her. I never thought that my foolishness would end up like this."

Shimizu didn't responded. As much as she would like to protest to make her feel better, she knows that the brunette was right.

It has been five years since Hitoka was admitted inside the mental hospital. At first, Madoka never thought about placing her daughter in such place. She thinks she's still normal after the death of her only friend. She just confessed to her mom that she doesn't want to attend school anymore. She would panic and cry whenever she talks about her school. The accident must hurt her so bad so the mother decided to let her daughter calm down until she's ready to go back to school. But it was not just that. One time after she got home, she knocks on Hitoka's room but nobody answered. Her room was unlocked so she decided to come in. Fright filled her after seeing the girl sitting on the ground, spacing out and her wrists covered in blood and bruises. She knows that her daughter can even do something much worse than that. It really scares her. There are also time when she started screaming in the middle of the night which woke her up. No, she never thinks that her daughter is a bother. She still loves her the way she is. Even if Yachi turns completely insane, she'll still love her. It's just a little painful for her part because it's not like before anymore. She's all alone in their house, she can't eat meals with her again, and she just can't turn back time.

They stop walking when they finally arrived at the front of a room. Kiyoko knocks on the door before opening it. It's a white, small room, with a small table and a chair beside it. On the opposite side is a bed with white covers. In other words, completely white. They try to keep almost everything that she can use to hurt herself once she gets into her depressive episode.

Kiyoko lets the girl's mother enter the room first then she follows after her. They saw the girl, laying on the bed. She was looking at the ceiling without blinking. Madoka walks towards the chair beside the table and take a sit on it. The tapping of the shoes snap the girl on bed to reality and looks at the person who sat down.

"Mom?" She mutters. She sits up on her bed and face her mother. Her eyes are red. She must have cried a lot before they could come to her room.

"How are you feeling?" The brunette asks.

"Fine, I guess," she replies with a smile. "But, it's sad without Hinata around. He's the one who's comforting me whenever I'm seeing scary visions."

The two other women thought that it was another hallucination of her. Ever since Hinata died, she starts to have those hallucinations. She would speak to air, as if she's talking to Hinata. She would cry if she didn't hallucinate about him just like what happened today. It's just one of the reason why she's in asylum right now. 

She hasn't gotten over her GAD yet, the doctors told Madoka that she also has positive Schizophrenia and major depression. She has no idea what those are but she's sure that those illnesses are no joke.

"I see. Are you taking your medicines?" The mother asks.

Yachi shakes her head no furiously. "No. Hinata said that they will take me out of this place if I drink those. And leaving this place means that I'll be separated from Hinata again. I don't want that to happen."

"Hitoka-chan," it's Shimizu's turn to speak. "You want to get rid of those scary visions, right?" She said in a calm voice.

Hitoka stayed silent, her eyes were fixated on her hands. She shakes her head no. "I don't want to be separated from Hinata. He's the only one I can talk to," tears start to gather on her eyes. "I want to be with Hinata forever!"

Madoka wished that she at least saw what the Hinata guy looks like. Hitoka would tell her about him but she never met him. She must be really a great guy for someone like Hitoka would be so attached to him.

Madoka didn't stayed for long in the hospital because she has still work. She left some snacks she bought in a convenient store and left with Hitoka's nurse. Silence filled the room after the footsteps were gone. Hitoka stared at the door where the two female left. She felt blank.

"Yachi-san."

She was about to lay on her bed when somebody called her. She know that voice too well. That's the voice of someone who is with her all the time. A smile made its way on her face and looks at the boy in front of her. He smiles at her.

"Don't worry. We'll be together forever."

ⓐⓝ

Aaaanndd it's really done this time. Thanks for reading this one. And please watch out for my upcoming stories. Don't worry. The next HinaYachi fic won't be this dark.