Chapter 4

"H-huh? H-how did you know my n-name?" Yachi stared back at him, puzzled.

"Your name? Ah! I like that movie! No, just kidding. I heard it yesterday when you told the nurse your name. Wait, don't tell me... you already forget about me?" he said with a hurt expression.

"A-ah... n-no. I do remember y-you."

"Really? Then what's my name?'

"..."

"As I thought."

"W-wait! I really do r-remember you! I just forgot your name, that's all," she said quietly while fiddling her fingers. When she realized that she just had made an eye contact with eyes like those, she quickly shifts her head to hide her eyes.

"Hey, Yachi-san," the boy pulled his hand off Yachi's shoulder and looks at her intently. "Are you okay? It looks like you just cried."

She was trying her best not to let someone from noticing yet this stranger she just met yesterday caught her. She didn't say anything. She just shakes her head no to deny the obvious. The boy sighed. He grabbed Yachi's arm and drag her somewhere.

"No, you're lying. Something definitely happened. Get your food and eat lunch with me," he demanded in a serious tone.

"E-eh? You don't n-need to investigate this m-much further. You're not a d-detective, are you?" She stuttered as she tries to keep up with the boy's pace. "Besides, w-where are you t-taking me?"

He looks over his shoulder to look at her. "To your classroom, of cours- wait, are we heading the right way?"

She mentally facepalmed at his statement. Why did she bump into him in the first place?

"I-it's on the other side," she replied.

°°°

"I'm actually a detective!" The boy, who introduced himself as Hinata to Yachi for the second time, exclaimed. "There's this one time when I saw my friend Kageyama on weekend... WITH A GIRL! So, you know, it looked fishy so I decided to follow them. The girl talked occasionally to Kageyama and he would make a short reply to her. I can't hear their conversations though. I was a little far from their direction. The girl also looked happy walking with him and would steal glances at him. Of course, I would think that they are going out. But when they reached the intersection road, Kageyama said something to her while pointing to some directions. Then, the girl bowed and they separated ways. A conclusion was made in my head that Kageyama orders the girl to leave him alone because she talks too much and she's bothering him and they are not together, after all," he said proudly.

Yachi sweat drops.

'That's definitely not right. And that's not called detective, it's stalking,' she thought.

They are currently eating inside Yachi's room and this rare sight of her with a person caught her classmates' attention and became the topic of the whispers. It's uncomfortable. If it weren't for Hinata who is entertaining her, she would already have a "second round".

"So, what happened?" Hinata asked, changing the topic.

She is quiet for seconds, hesitating on answering his question. "U-um... if possible, c-can we do not discuss it here? I'm afraid t-they will hear us..."

They were both interrupted by the bell. Hinata stood up and takes his lunch box.

"Well then, we'll talk later," Hinata said, smiling, then left the room.

"Talk... later?" She muttered to herself.

°°°

The bell rang, signaling the classes are over. Everyone packed their bags and went home except for Yachi. She remembered Hinata's words earlier.

Well then, we'll talk later.

She decided to wait for him in their classroom because she has no idea what class is he in. When the room was now empty, she sighed. It's hard to be a loner. Nobody asked her if she's going home already and stuffs. Nobody cared about her. Heck, they also probably think she's extinct. She groaned as she lay her head on her desk.

"I'm tired. I used up too much energy again on the earlier panic attack," she sighed as she talks to herself. She searched for the clock on the walls and saw that half an hour already passed before the class ended. "He's taking so long. I hope he's not just playing with me."

She waited for a little longer. The peacefulness and quietness of the room made her relax and helps her recharge energy after an exhausting day. She loves it. She closed her eyes to take a short nap while waiting. Seconds turned minutes, minutes turned to an hour. She is already sleeping soundly on her desk and yet, the boy is not there yet to see her. She was awoken by the sound of the door opening. She blinks her eyes first before looking at the person at the door. Her hopes on seeing Hinata was crushed because she saw the maintenance guy instead.

"Hey, young lady, you should go home now. It's already late," he reminded her.

She looks into the window and saw that the sky is about to get dark any minute. She faced the old man and apologized. She stood up from her seat and wake her sleepy state. She picks up her bag and left the classroom. The maintenance man locked the door after she got out of the room and headed to the next room.

In the end, Hinata didn't come.

ⓐⓝ

Your Name and Shape of Voice are both amazing movies but I like SoV more. I really love the character development of everyone and Shoya and Shoko are relatable