Chapter 2

This is all that I am going to upload for now, until I get a little reaction from people. (See that people are reading it.)

{Chapter 2}

Twenty Minutes later Anne entered the hospital. She walked to the room that Andrew was always in. Anne carried herself with a confidence that gave people the chills; which in most cases was good. She was a successful business woman, how she carried herself gave everyone confidence in what she did.  

Andrew smelled his moms shampoo before he saw her. He had grown accustomed to the fruity smell of green apple that came from the soap. He now loved the aroma, when, a few weeks ago he had hated it passionately. It now reminded him of his mom, and the protection she had for him.

“Hello,” Carrie said. She stood from the chair she had sat down in a few minutes prior to Anne’s arrival.

“Hello,” Anne smiled. “Thank you for bringing Andrew here,” Anne smiled a little brighter. “My name is Anne Crey.” Anne pushed her hand forward in a way that showed that she intended to shake Carrie’s hand.

“Hello, Anne,” Carrie said, she grabbed Anne’s hand as she said it. “My name is Carrie Johnson. You have quite a boy,” Carrie smiled. The skin around her eyes crinkled. Obviously she smiled a lot. Or maybe she just naturally looked this way.

Anne didn’t know exactly what to say, so she just smiled.

“I’ll let you talk to your son,” Carrie exited the room. Her arms swung at her hips, they looked graceful. Like that of an angel.

“Andrew, I must say, you are a klutz!” Anne winked softly. “This is the second time you have been in the hospital this year, and it’s March. I swear we need to get you an escort when it comes to stairs!” Anne grinned, her disarming grin that always filled Andrew with a small bit of happiness.

“No,” Andrew realized that he had spoken too quickly, so he rephrased. “I don’t think we need to do that. I think my burn puts me off balance.” Andrew grinned at his joke. Anne cringed; he hadn’t realized that such jokes made her that uneasy. “Sorry,” he said.

Anne bounced back from her small bout of sadness. Anne felt terrible for being struck down by Thomas on that night. It wasn’t that she felt weak. It was that she had been knocked down by the swing of one fist. If only that fist had not struck her, then she could have saved her son.

Could she have? If that fist had not hit her, then would another have? This was the question that always pained Anne. Could she have saved her son from his pain?

Anne shook her head. She said, “I am going to find the doctor. I will let him know I am here.”

Andrew sat in the room that smelled of blood and bleach. He sat there wondering what his mom thought. Did she have any clue that he hadn’t fallen down the stairs?  Was Carrie standing outside the room spilling her guts? Curiosity was raging through Andrew’s bones.

Just as soon as he swung his legs off of the paper wrapped bed he swung them back on, because the door was opening. In walked his mom, and the doctor. Seconds later the door opened again. The person who walked in was not a doctor, or even a nurse. It was a man with sandy blond hair, and light stormy grey eyes.

The man looked at Andrew and realization passed his charming face. “Oops, wrong room.” He laughed a short little clip. He exited the room, head down; a small grin on his face.

“That was odd,” Andrew said with a grin on his face. He always enjoyed when Dan Terrence walked into this room. He never really figured out that the restroom was the right next door. At least, that is what Dan told him.