Chapter 6

{Chapter 6}

Thomas Markham watched Andrew. It annoyed him immensely that Andrew had that stupid grin on his face. Every couple seconds the grin faltered, but still, it was prominent on his face.

Thomas wanted to slap it off of his face. It was aggravating. Thomas hoped that when Andrew’s grin faltered, that he was thinking of him. Wouldn’t that be just dandy? It was not what Thomas had been hoping for. His expectation’s had been too high. Ugh!

He had, though, enjoyed George’s expression when he had seen the message he had left on the door. It was a mix of horror and rage. That brought a curl to Thomas’ lips.

Thomas was completely annoyed that there wasn’t a bigger fuss, though. I guess I need to step up my game a bit. The thought excited Thomas. He pulled out his trac phone that he had bought that morning just for this task. He had paid cash for the phone, so it was nearly impossible to track.

Thomas had also consulted a phone book. He had looked up the Crey’s home phone number for this particular move in the game. He knew Andrew’s number because he had consulted the carrier a few months later. He had pretended to be a good father trying to figure out Andrew’s number. Such idiots! He would not need the number, though, until he decided it was the perfect time.

Thomas typed in the number and pressed send. He heard the blrinng of the phone and his heart raced in excitement. He hoped that this would strike fear into their hearts. The phone went to voicemail and Thomas cursed. He redialed.

This time, George’s gravely voice said, “Hello?”

And, action! “I see you.” Thomas said in a low rumble.

“Who is this?”

“You know full well who this is.”

George gasped. “Thomas?” His voice was filled with fury. “I will stop you. You will not—”

Thomas cut him off with a soft, “Sh… I know that you would like to stop me. But, that is impossible. I am unstoppable. I will kill Andrew. I am a demon and have come to collect the sins of another.” Thomas did not literally believe himself to be a demon. He was not insane! Anyone who believed so obviously did not understand metaphors.

“Where are you?” George said exasperated.

“Like I would tell you. Besides, you can’t take a clue? I can see you.” Thomas spat. “You could make all this trouble go away and just hand over the boy right now. I will leave Anne, Helen and you alone.”

“That will never happen.” George nearly yelled.

“I didn’t suppose so. I guess, then, that you had better prepare yourself for hell to break loose. Because that is what is coming. Hell.”

It was completely silent on the other end.

“Until I get the boy, I will not cease.” Thomas could hear heavy breathing on the other end of the line.

“I guess you will die trying to get Andrew. Because, I will never let you have him.” George was tense and fury poured from his lips. Thomas was enjoying this.

“Oh, are you sure about that?” Thomas said sarcastically. “I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I will get Andrew and I will kill him. Try to stop me. But remember, I am unstoppable.” Thomas ended the call and drove away from the Crey home. Thomas enjoyed that very much. His heart was racing.

I will get you Andrew. There is no doubt about that. Your sins will be paid for in the shedding of your blood. Thomas was so extremely ecstatic about what had just gone down, he decided to indulge in another expensive bottle of wine and take the rest of the day off for sightseeing. Or finding the perfect place to kill Andrew.