Chapter 18

{Chapter 18}

            The day Andrew made it home back to Vancouver was one of the greatest moments in his life, until he saw the messages that had been written on the windows by Thomas. He found himself being suffocated by memories.

            He forced his eyes to close, shoving the memories from his mind. It was hard. Actually, it could have been written in the book of Hardest Things Ever. Suddenly, a knock resounded on the door. When it opened, there stood Molly. She rushed in and hugged him tightly.

            “Oh my gosh! I’m, so glad you’re okay!”

            Andrew felt uncomfortable because Molly had her hands on Andrew’s bear chest, just above his scar. He wasn’t wearing a shirt because it wasn’t comfortable to wear one yet. Molly seemed to notice that his body had stiffened. She removed her hand. Andrew grabbed it before it went to her side. He held it tightly.

            “Thank you fro coming.” Andrew said. “It means a whole—” He was cut off by Molly shoving her lips to his. For a second, Andrew wasn’t sure what was happening. It was so unexpected that his first instinct was to shove her away. Only before he pushed her did he stop himself.

            Moments passed by with Molly’s lips pressed to his. When Molly pulled away, she said, “I was so worried. I’m not going to pretend to know what happened, because I don’t. I’m not going to ask you to elaborate. I’m just so glad that you’re okay.” Molly wrapped her arms around Andrew’s neck.

            Her touch felt good. Strange enough, he never wanted her to let go, to never leave, to hold on forever. Andrew smelled her brunette hair. It smelled of lavender and her perfume smelled like vanilla. They were smells he had never really favored until that moment. Now, they were his favorite smells in the whole universe.

            Andrew held on for a long time breathing in the wonderful aromas, until Molly said, “I have to go…” He could tell that she was reluctant to go. “I told my parents that I’d be back by two. They don’t know what happened. It’s not my business to tell…”

            “It was nice to see you,” Andrew said. He was thinking, please kiss me again. She didn’t, sadly. When she had left, after one final hug Andrew pumped his fist in the air and silently whooped.

            For the first time since he was twelve, physical touch had made his heart flutter and a smile to spread across his face. As they slid down his cheeks in salty lines, Andrew’s tears seemed, for once, worth it.