Chapter 5

{Chapter 5}

Andrew knew that he had tears in his eyes. His eyes were wet and he was breathing with labored breaths. He realized they were sobs. Why do you have to be such a baby? He thought angrily at himself. This only increased his sobs.

He opened his eyes and was aware of a presence in his room. He jolted and realized that it was his mom. She must have come in while he was sobbing, and he was immediately embarrassed.

“I’m sorry, Andrew. I’m so sorry.” She repeated those words over and over. And Andrew began to cry again.

“It’s okay. It’s okay.” Andrew said quietly, while sobbing into the pillow. His stomach lurched with every sob, but it felt good to finally let out his sorrow. Finally Anne and Andrew’s sobs and tears came to a slow stop. Andrew laid back into the pillow and took deep breaths and wiped at his eyes to dry off the wetness.

When Anne had took one last calming breath she said, “Do you want Taco Bell?” Taco Bell always made Andrew feel good when he was sick and, though it wasn’t as popular in Texas as it was up north, his mom would go search out a taco bell just for him.

“Yes, please.”

“Want the usual?” The usual was a burrito supreme, with pintos and cheese and a Sprite.

Andrew nodded.

Twenty five minutes later Andrew crawled out of bed and went to sit at the kitchen table to eat his meal. As soon as he took his first bite the meal was gone. His stomach was settled and he felt almost normal. He decided to sit in front of the TV and watch his favorite Disney Channel show A.N.T Farm. He didn’t know what it was about the show. He just enjoyed it.

                                                            #

Thomas watched Andrew from across the street. It was dark outside. No one could see him. But he could see Andrew. He was so close. He could taste it. He felt like hopping out of the car and killing Andrew quickly. But no, that was defeat the fun of his game. He wanted Andrew to die slowly. And he wanted an audience.

Thomas would wait a few more days and scare the crap out of the people residing in the home, and then he would take Andrew someplace where no one would find him.

Thomas was extremely impatient. He wanted to carry out his plan and be rid of Andrew. But he couldn’t do that. He wanted to have fun too.

And impatience would be the downfall of his game. Soon, though, soon, he would set his game into full motion and there would be no room for impatience. It would be all about Andrew. Thomas smiled and watched the TV program Andrew was watching.  

                                                            #

Helen Crey sat in the kitchen with her head bowed and hands clenched together. She prayed for her daughter and grandson’s life. “Dear God, please give them strength. Please hold them in your hands and keep them safe. I don’t think I could live without either of them. I pray that you will also soften Andrew’s heart so that he may realize that you love him.”

Helen prayed this over and over again thinking of nothing else that she could do. She may not be skilled in holding a gun, or wielding any sort of offensive tool. But she could use the greatest tool. God.

He had proven mighty over situations that weren’t as bad as this. So why would he stay silent now?

She must have been praying for hours, because when she stood from the barstool to get a glass of water, the house was dark. The only light that filled the void of darkness was the light from the kitchen. Helen filled up the glass with ice and then filled it with water from the tap.