2•2

Step Two: Executing

Lynn's hands were sweating.

They had been sweating since she'd met Elia, who took no shame in throwing around raucous comments at her in the middle of the grocery aisle at the convenience store. She hadn't insulted her, per say; but she was particularly keen on telling her how reckless Axel was with his relationships, and how he had tossed her sister, Abigail, aside on their one month anniversary.

It wasn't a surprise to her. Lynn had known what she was getting herself into since the day Axel had pushed a daisy into the side of her ponytail. She had been sitting right in front of him in the lecture hall, and had barely noticed the little tug at her hair. She had smiled when she finally saw it, knowing fully well about Axel's little fancy for her.

The clock struck four. Axel would be at her door any minute, expecting her to be dressed up to go to the movies for that rom-com she had wanted to watch. Lynn slid her foot into a shoe as a few sharp knocks resonated through her little apartment.

"Ready?" Axel grins as soon as she pulls open the door.

"Not really, no," she replies, letting the door open wider. She gestures for him to come in.

His smile drops visibly as he steps in, "Is there something wrong?"

"Yes."

Lynn had known Axel years before he'd shown an inkling of affection towards her. It was on a Monday, somewhere around mid June when Lisa had come running into her arms, with her mascara smeared around her eyes and her eyeliner running down her cheeks. It broke her heart to see her sister like that, hurt and weak, with nowhere to go and nobody to talk to.

Lynn draws in a deep breath, and looked up at Axel's worried gaze.

"I'm with Zach now."