Chapter 8

Charlie's POV

Damn, he looked good.

I couldn't dwell on that thought for too long, or I would be left with a problem. I decided to clean up our room a little bit, to get my mind off of Leo, in that towel...this cleaning really wasn't working yet. I just sat down and waited for him to be ready. Once he was, we made our way down to soundcheck.

~~Time Skip~~

Sound check just finished and we were now on our way to get food, as requested by Leondre earlier.

"Where do you want to go, bro?" I asked as we walked down the sidewalk. Marianne was going to drive us but we decided to go off on our own for a bit and walk around some. Of course she was hesitant, she's our mother on tour. It took some persuading and begging, but eventually she agreed, as long as we were back to the hotel at very least an hour before our concert. Which means we had some time to kill before we needed to get back.

"I don't care." He responded blandly. I rolled my eyes but smiled fondly, shaking my head as we walked. We soon came to a restaurant that looked okay and decided to eat there. I opened the door for him and I could've sworn I saw him blush as he walked past, but by the time I saw his face again it had turned back to its regular shade.

~~Time Skip~~

Turns out that restaurant is actually really good. The food was delicious, the waitress we had was very polite and patient, and the food came quickly after we ordered it. It was a very clean building as well. 

Good lord, I sound like a mum.

We just finished eating and it was time for us to go back to our hotel. I paid, for both of our meals, and we made our way out of the restaurant and back on the road to our hotel. We were actually stopped by a couple of fans, which was insane. Of course, we stopped to take pictures but were quickly on our way again. We made it back to the hotel after about ten minutes of pointless talking and aimless walking. Marianne met us in our room shortly after we had arrived to take us to the venue. The drive was a few minutes long, and by the time we actually got to the venue there was about half an hour until we were supposed to go on. We got to our dressing room and got ready, and when it was finally time for us to go on stage, we were ready to perform. I was ready for Leo's surprise.

~~Time Skip~~

"Thank you everyone." I thanked the crowd of screaming fans as we finished another song. I met Leondre in the middle of the stage as we were about to leave the stage.

Or so he and everyone else thought.

"Now if you all are true fans you know that those are all the songs on Generation Z. So really we should be going off stage now. But, " I paused and looked at Leo. He was staring back at me with his eyebrows furrowed, microphone down by his side. I just smiled at him and continued. "that is not the case for this show." The fans started screaming so I waited for them to quiet down before I turned to Leo again and continued speaking, "I kind of have a surprise. So Leo, if you could just take a seat right there." The fans' screams and shouts were getting louder as they assumed anything and everything. But Leondre didn't know what to think. He leaned into my ear and started to talk to me.

"Charlie what the he-"

"Leo, please, just, sit down. Trust me." I stared genuinely into his eyes and he turned to sit in the chair that the stage people had put on the stage that Leo would be facing my side if I was facing the crowd, and brought the mike back up to my mouth.

"This is a song that I have been practicing recently and Leo doesn't know what song it is. He doesn't even know about this whole arrangement." I laughed and glanced at him again. He was still looking at me weirdly, leaning against the back of the chair. I continued, "Don't worry guys, Bars and Melody isn't breaking up, I'm not becoming a solo artist, this is just something I've, well, worked on a tiny bit. I've known this song for a while now, but only started practicing it for this concert very, very, recently. The lyrics aren't entirely right, and some of them I've just changed altogether. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is my cover of Perfect by Ed Sheeran." The music started and I started singing, blocking out the deafening screams of our fans for a small moment.