Chapter 9

Leondre's POV

Sound check went amazing, and the food we ate afterwards was amazing. Running into the fans on the way to the hotel was crazy, but so much fun. I really, genuinely loved spending time with the fans because without them, where would we be? There would be no Bars and Melody, we probably would have gone home at our Britain's Got Talent audition and never got the motivation to try again. Of course I would still write my raps but they wouldn't get anywhere; the world wouldn't be able to hear them. I would probably be more sad, The the chance is very high of me still being bullied after I went back to school when we finished Britain's Got Talent. Anyway, when we got back to the hotel, we quickly got ready and headed to the venue.

~~Time Skip~~

We were ending the last concert of the tour, and I had to admit I was a little sad. We just finished the last song we were performing, so I headed to the middle with Charlie to say our goodbyes and thanks to the fans. Charlie spoke up first.

"Now if you all are true fans you know that those are all the songs on Generation Z. So really we should be going off stage now. But, " He paused and looked at me. I was staring back at him with my eyebrows furrowed, microphone down by my side. He just smiled at me and continued. "that is not the case for this show." The fans started screaming so he waited for them to quiet down before he turned to me again and continued speaking, "I kind of have a surprise. So Leo, if you could just take a seat right there." The fans' screams and shouts were getting louder and louder. But I didn't know what to think. I leaned into his ear and started to talk to him.

"Charlie what the he-"

"Leo, please, just, sit down." He stared genuinely into my eyes and I turned to sit in the chair that the stage people had put on the stage that I would be facing Charlie's side if he was facing the crowd, and he brought the mike back up to his mouth.

"This is a song that I have been practicing recently and Leo doesn't know what song it is. He doesn't even know about this whole arrangement." He laughed and glanced at me again. I was still looking at him weirdly, leaning against the back of the chair. Charlie continued, "Don't worry guys, Bars and Melody isn't breaking up, I'm not becoming a solo artist, this is just something I've, well, worked on a tiny bit. I've known this song for a while now, but only started practicing it for this concert very, very, recently. The lyrics aren't entirely right, and some of them I've just changed altogether. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is my cover of Perfect by Ed Sheeran." The music started and Charlie started singing, blocking out the deafening screams of our fans for a small moment.

"I found a love
For me.
Darling, just dive right in
And follow my lead.

Well I found a girl,
Beautiful and sweet.
I never knew you were the someone
Waiting for me.

Cause we were just kids when we fell in love."

Charlie glanced at me quickly and screams erupted from the crowd, and he saw my eyes widen before shifting his gaze back to the crowd. I genuinely zoned out for a minute, my mind immediately overrun with as hundreds of brief memories; when Charlie and I found each other online, when we met in person, everything with Britain's Got Talent, all the places we've gone to, and people we met. Everything of us together, closer than any friendship we'd ever had before. My thoughts died down and I brought myself back to Charlie's performance.

"Not knowing what it was.
I will not give you up
This time.
But darling just kiss me slow.
Your heart is all I own.
And in your eyes you're holding mine.