I'm back... [Touken]

Kaneki's POV

"Finally......after four years spending overseas, I can go back home.", I said in my mind as I walked through the airport gate to get onto the plane back to Japan.

"Please enjoy the flight, Mr Ken.", I nodded back as the flight attendant said. I sat down at my seat by the window, took one last look before I leave the country.

"Goodbye USA, Japan....I'm back. Touka-chan, I'll finally be at your side.", I said as the plane slowly picking up speed and take off. I looked outside as the plane flew higher and higher until it reached above the cloud.

"Whoa.....", I was astonished by the view up there, I brought out my camera and took some pictures. After I had a meal, I'm getting sleepy and I decided to have a nap since Japan is still 6 hours away.

I woke up as I heard the pilot said we're approaching the airport. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body after hours of sleep. I looked out of the window, the entire airport is covered in thick fog.

"How did they land in this kind of condition?", I thought. I didn't think much as I buckled myself in the safety belt and the plane slowly landed. I got up and started to walk, after I got my luggage, I walked out of the airport gate, aspect to see my family members and my girlfriend, Touka standing right there, welcome for my return, but I can't see them.

"Wait....I already told her I return today.", I mumbled as I walked though the airport. I brought out my phone and noticed there's no signal.

"Great.....I can't even make a call, fine I'll give them a surprise.", I said in my mind as I walked out of the airport, tried to find a taxi and noticed one of the taxi driver is holding a paper with my name on it. I walked towards him.

"You're Mr Kaneki Ken?", he asked.

"Yeah....", I nervously said.

"Miss Kirishima Touka called me to bring you back because she's busy right now.", he said as he showed me his phone with Touka phone number on it.

"O-okay....", I said as he put my luggage at the back of the car as I get into the car and sat down. Both of us remained silence on the way back to my house. I opened my bag, took out a little box and opened it, revealed to be a pair of ring.

"I'll definitely propose to her today. She'll definitely freak out.", I said in my mind as I have a light smile on my face before I put those into my pocket. As the journey goes on, I started to feel weird as I didn't saw any cars on the road while the entire highway is covered in thick fog. Soon I felt sleepy and my eyes started to close.

"Mr Ken.....Mr Ken...You have arrive at your destination, I'm force to park outside because I can't get in.", he said as I woke up by his voice.

"Oh....thank you, how much?", I asked.

"No, I'm charging free.", he replied.

"Huh?", I said in disbelief as he brought out my luggage. He gave me a smile as I nervously walked towards my house. As I approached my house, I noticed there's a lot of people wearing all black outfits, I started to wonder if someone passed away today.

"Hmm....mom, dad? Hide? Hinami-chan? Where's Touka-chan?", I mumbled as I walked passed them, their faces just filled with sadness. I walked into the house, squeezed my eyes as I tried to adjust for the light difference. I'm stunned and shocked as I saw the picture shown on the table with a bunch of flowers surrounded the table.

"Wait a second.......is that me.......?", I stood right there, staring at the black and white photo of mine in disbelief.

"No way......no fucking way.....there's no way I'm dead!", I yelled out and noticed no one is looking at me. Soon my eyes landed on the purple-haired girlfriend of mine, sobbing in sadness. I walked towards her, raised my hand as I want to caress her but my hand just went past her face.