Together (Part 2) [Eremika]

Eren's POV

A month passed since then, our relationship became better and better. We kinda chat about everything and teased each other once in a while.

"Hey Eren, why aren't your friends  visit you recently? It's been already a while.", she asked after we finished our dinner.

"Well...it's exam season, so my friends are kinda busy. But they'll come in a week or two."

"How about your parents? Are they at other countries?"

"They're gone when I was nine, in a car crash."

"Oh....I'm sorry...I shouldn't be asking this.", she apologized.

"Nah...I'm already used to it. Hey how about I grabbed a pudding for you? After dinner dessert?", I said as I stood up.

"Okay.", she replied with a smile. I went out and walked towards the convenient store close to the main hospital building.

"Thank you.", I said as I exited the store with two cups of pudding in a plastic bags. As I entered the room, I saw no one.

"Hmm....She's not here.", I mumbled as I opened the bathroom door in our room. I put the puddings on the table as I lied down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I sighed as I grabbed my phone and just mindlessly scrolling through internet. Suddenly the door opened and Mikasa came in with Dr Hanji. She noticed me and gave me a smile but somehow I felt that the smile of hers is forced.

We eat our pudding as usual, chat as usual but there's something not right about her.

"Maybe I shouldn't ask her....", I said in my mind.

"Hey Eren, are you zoned out?", she said as she waved her hand in front of my face. I snapped out and looked at her.

"*laugh* No, why?", I asked.

"Nah it's nothing.", she said as she stretched her back. "I'm a bit tired, kinda sleepy now."

"Okay...Goodnight Mikasa.", I said as I went back to my bed and pulled the curtain between our bed. I sat on my bed, pulled out my phone and plugged in my headphone as I scrolled through the internet. Soon drowsiness slowly consumed me and my eyes closed, after a while I woke up due to the song in my ears.

"Huh? It's already 1 am?", I said in my mind as I looked at my phone. I stretched my body as I unplugged my headphone as I stood up and walked to the toilet.

As I walked out of the toilet, I heard someone sobbing behind Mikasa's curtain. I hesitated for a while and I walked towards her bed.

"Mikasa, are you okay?", I asked. She remained silence. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the curtain. She looked at me, stunned with teary eyes.

"What happen, Mikasa?", I asked as I sat on her bed. "Just let it all out....I'm here for you."

She looked at me as she clenched to my shirt and started to cry. I caressed her hair as I wondered what happen to her.

"I don't want to die.....", she whispered. That's the moment where I started to think that although she's optimistic from the outside but deep down in her heart she's afraid of dying too.

"Mikasa...your brother tell me you refuse to have any treatment because you want to spend your remaining time living happily, right?", I softly said as I caressed her hair. She nodded as her head still buried on my chest, sobbing.

"Let me to that favour for you. I'll make you a happy person.", I said. She looked at me, slightly confused.

"You don't have to. Why?", she said.