The Janitor's Closet

*Tori's POV*

It's been a whole month since I started here and I just realized I haven't been completely honest about a few things. But since Jade surprisingly decided to have a sleepover at her place for the whole weekend, my gut tells me my secrets won't be so secretive much longer, but anyways Sikowitz got sick before we could have the 'school sleepover' so I guess until he gets better we'll have to settle for a normal sleepover with regular human interactions (I am actually more concerned now than with Sikowitz's crazy ideas, since Jade could easily kill me in my sleep).

I called my best friend to come here to accompany me in Sikowitz's madness but she wouldn't be able to make it. Well guess I'll call her again once he gets out of the hospital (something tells me his sudden illness was caused by all those damn coconuts).

I have classes with everyone and that makes me really happy, but the one who intrigued me the most so far was Jade (obviously) with her scissor obsession and bad girl attitude (a fake one by the way, don't know who she thinks she's fooling), and also Cat, this little red head with thousands of absurd stories about her brother (who is either the craziest person in the planet or doesn't exist at all) and a sunshiny smile. They are both my own little mystery, and I love it.

Speaking of mystery, this next class I have should be something else. It's with a woman named Velma Dinkley (for some reason that name is really familiar), she's the new Mystery teacher. No you didn't read it wrong, she really is the Mysteries and Riddles teacher. I'm excited for her class and it so happens to be the only class that we all have together, so that should be interesting.

I was getting some things from my locker when a little paper note fell out of my bag, when I picked it up it was a message from Jade asking me to go to the janitor's closet at lunch time, and seeing as it was just after this next class I was a little nervous (who am I kidding I was shaking already).

I got inside the classroom just as the bell rang and the teacher looked at me and said

"Well look who finally decided to show up. Miss Vega I need you to understand that I do not tolerate students arriving late for my classes, unless they have a very good excuse. So, seeing as none of you know me and miss Vega is a new student, I will use her as a demonstration to what happens when a student is late."

She took my hand and led me to the center of the class (the room was large, there were three huge bookcases, one projector and all the chairs were positioned in one big circle) and turned to face me.

"Now, I am going to give Tori a riddle or mystery and she has five minutes to think about it and answer it, if she fails she gets detention. But seeing as this is our first class, her punishment in case she fails, will be doing a dare from all of you."

I gulped and began to yell at my brain, telling it to work with me, since i knew deep down no one would have the balls to disagree with Jade's dare.

"Okay. Shoot." I said with a false confidence

"You walk up to a mountain that has two paths. One leads to the other side of the mountain, and the other will get you lost forever. Two twins know the path that leads to the other side. You can ask them only one question. Except! One lies and one tells the truth, and you don't know which is which. So, What do you ask?"

Oh shit. I'm not sure if I got this...

*Jade's POV*

That really wasn't an easy one, so I began to think about what dare could be a good one for our little Tori.

"Let's make her kiss someone" a random boy with no love for his own life suggested.
"No!" I barked at him "too boring.... how about-

"I GOT IT" Tori yelled after thinking for three minutes straight. We all jumped a little and turned to her. I could see a small smile on Mrs. Dinkley's face and I could tell Tori was about to become her favorite student.

"I'd ask each twin 'What would your brother say?' This works because.... Well let's say the correct path is on the left side. So let's say i asked the liar "What would your brother say?" Well, the liar would know his brother was honest and he would say the left side, but since the liar lies, he would say right. If i ask the honest twin the same question, he would say right, because he knows his brother will lie. Therefore, i would know that the correct path was the left!"

Saying that I was impressed was an understatement. Wow she actually got it, and I wasn't the only one surprised.

"When I was your age my teacher asked me the same question for the same reason I asked you. He told me I was the first one in ten years to get it right, and today has been exactly ten years since that day, and you Tori got it right as well."

When the bell rang i was about to go the janitor's closet when I heard Mrs. Dinkley talking to Tori and they seemed awfully too close to each other.

"Wow Mrs. Dinkley I didn't know you had 27 already, you seem younger!" Tori said and she chuckled, while my fist was already clenched and i could feel my anger boiling in my blood.

"Well thank you Tori but you can call me Velma if you'd like, I don't really enjoy these formalities, especially with students I can consider friends" she said it and winked at her, and although I know it wasn't anything perverted I couldn't contain myself anymore and grabbed Tori's arm and pulled her out of the room.

"Whoa Jade what's going on?" She said seeming a little scared and confused. We entered the closet and I glared at her.

"What was that? Was she flirting with you?!" I barked a her

"What? That's what this is about?" She then started to laugh and now I was the confused one "Jade she's my mom's childhood best friend" i was taken aback with this and she laughed again at my face (who was now heating up, what the hell? I never blush!)

"Then how come you don't know her age? Didn't you recognize her name?" i asked

"Oh sweetie it's an inside joke. Ever since i was a kid she would come over to my mom's house and spend the day with us, and when i turned 15 she moved away and i haven't seen her since. My mom is going to love seeing her again, i know i did." she smiled at herself like she was remembering those times and my jealousy wouldn't leave me alone. But i refuse to let her or anyone at this school find that out.

"Jade were you.. jealous?" she said cautiously with a shy smile that i knew would melt my attitude if i kept staring at it.

"Absolutely not! Why would i? It's not just because you're beautiful and most of this goddamn school seeks a date with you that i should do the same!" I blurted before i could stop myself and her smile grew ten times wider

"You think i'm beautiful?" and there it was, that damn smile. I left the closet before i could say something even more stupid...

Oh Vega what am i going to do about you?

Hey everyone, so this one is a bit longer than the other two and i would really like to know what you guys think. Next chapter coming soon!