Demons

*Tori's POV*

  I open my eyes and two things draw my attention: one, every inch of my body hurts right now, and two, Jade's eyes are staring right at me. For a split second the whole world faded away, all that mattered was right in front of me, the girl I fell in love with was holding my hand and looking at me with the softest expression I've ever seen, everything was okay and I wasn't in danger anymore. Danger... And that's when it hits me, I was in a hospital again and this time I don't think it was an accident. I close my eyes once again and try to remember what happened.

The first memory that comes to mind is school, we're all sitting in class but I'm by myself, I'm.. afraid? I make a decision, It's risky but I want to do it.. I go to the principal's office and.. lie? I rush out of school and head home, I run towards my bedroom and..

"You recorded a video" Jade finishes for me, and apparently I'm saying my thoughts out loud again. Bollocks. "You left it for us, because you knew Jake was coming for you" her eyes go to the floor, she's feeling guilty

The memories start to come back, Jake arrives at my place and trashes my room while throwing my around and beating me up. He drags me to his car and knocks me out, when I wake up I'm in the trunk of his car and realize he didn't take my phone away, so I check to see if there's any signal, but the battery was extremely low and as soon as I unlock it he dies, giving me time only to see that I was in his truck for three hours already. After a little while he stops his car and drags me to an abandoned house, not a soul to be seen anywhere around us, I try to fight him but he just throws me down and kicks me a few more times. He drags me to a room in the back, he clearly had prepared the room for this since the windows were covered and the furniture was gone. He ties my arms above my head and leaves me hanging from the ceiling, and my heart stops as it dawns on me what he was about to do.

"You're going to torture me" I said to him

"No" he answered "I'm teaching you a lesson"

He places a flashlight in a closet or whatever furniture it was, and with the light I could see what was on top of the table next to me..

"The knives.." Jade whispers to herself, but not low enough

"I really can't seem to control what I say out loud" I murmur

"It's actually a normal effect, you've taken a large amount of morphine and other medications" a tall pretty nurse says to me "Now that you're awake you'll feel better in no time" she smiles and leaves

Flashes of Jake torturing me take over my head, and I start to sweat, my heartbeat being accompanied by the sound of a monitor next to me

"Hey, it's okay" a familiar soothing voice echoes inside my head "Just breathe okay?"

I open my eyes and realize that I'm squeezing Jade's hand way too tight

"Sorry" I say avoiding her eyes

"Don't apologize" she speaks,  and although I'm not looking at her I can tell she has a smile on her face "Hey, uhm Tori listen-

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE AWAKE" a voice calls out, and there's only one person I know who would be scandalous in a hospital

"Hey sis" I chuckle and she puts her arms around me "Careful I'm still sore" she doesn't listen to me and starts to frenetically kiss my cheeks and my forehead

As my friends and parents surround the bed, I can see Jade sneaking away. Part of me wants to be mad at her, but the other part still loves her way too much to be angry. I just decide to ignore it and give everyone around me my full attention. They're all talking at once and I can barely hear anyone, my mom was crying and my dad was comforting her, again I bet, my friends are talking and asking questions and Bella is on the phone, probably with Olesya or Chris, and slowly all the commotion makes me anxious, my breathing gets as fast as my heartbeat, and suddenly I'm back to the abandoned house, Jake's laughter fills my ears and fear grips my chest, like it's trying to tear it apart. I want to run away but I can feel the stitches in my legs and all the pain in my body.