Chapter 2: Trying to stand

After a rigorous training session and a lecture from Dr. Sakaki about Aragamis and Oracle cells, Mikoto Misaka decided to spend her remaining free time sitting in the lounge while staring at a table; her mind wandering somewhere else. It wasn’t long before a man with raven hair that covers his left eye came and disturbed her train of thoughts. The man is wearing a Fenrir issued brown jacket, a pair of brown combat pants and also a pair of brown combat boots. He then proceed to greet the lone female.

“Yo! Are you Mikoto Misaka?” The raven haired God Eater asked. The girl only answered with a nod which ended the supposed conversation. That made the older man scratch the back of his head, not expecting the silent answer. Trying to revive the conversation, The stranger introduced himself.

“I’m Lindow Amamiya by the way. I’m going to be your in field instructor and also your superior officer, but don’t let that details bother you, I’m not asking for subordinates that follows my orders like machines, I just need comrades that I’m certain to have my back out there. So, we clear?” Once again Mikoto answered with a nod which made the conversation crash into a halt. Once again, after receiving a silent answer, the man that introduced himself as Lindow scratched his head. Knowing that the conversation is still falling apart, Lindow just continued with his ‘monologue speech’.

“So that’s actually it, just remember to be vigilant out there and also remember to rely on your comrades and in turn, be a comrade they can rely on.” Again, the girl only answered with a nod. It took all of Lindow’s self control for him to not facepalm on the spot. But a blessing came in a form of a woman in a quite revealing green and black cloths.

“Hey Lindow. Oh what’s this, a new recruit?” The woman asked.

“Take a hike Sakuya, I’m psyching her out for her ‘Graduation’.” The man said with a playful tone. The woman retorted also bearing a playful tone.

“Yes sir, Big boss sir!” The woman then waved at the girl before she left the two. Now once again alone in the awkward silence, the man decided to make a follow up so that he can escape the uncomfortable stillness and silence of the air.

“Another thing though, your white haired acquaintance is going to join as in this mission.” Upon hearing the reference, the girl almost perked up in her seat, her eyes then fixed themselves to the entrance of the lounge. The wait for the said person didn’t take that long though; it only took 5 minutes of painful awkward silence for the boy with white hair to finally emerge from the door.

Upon arrival He surveyed the room for a second; his hands in his pants pockets. When he spotted the two; his former serious features changed to that of happiness; a smile quickly appeared on his lips as he then walked towards the two and greeted the girl.

“Hey there Mikoto, ready for your graduation?” The boy asked before giving a nod to Lindow, to which the older man answered with the same action.

“Yes, I’m looking forward to it.” Mikoto answered. For the first time, Lindow heard the girl’s voice, and that’s with the first question the boy that just came. Once again he was not able to resist the urge to scratch his head. Deciding that it’s better to just do something than just be in an awkward situation; Lindow stood up from the seat he occupied and started to address the two.

“Ok then, since mister slowpoke is here, we should head to the Lobby and let Hibari know our party composition.” The man said before proceeding to walk towards the entrance of the lounge, the two younger folks following behind.

“Sounds cool.” The white haired young man replied. The small group walked towards the Lobby and once inside, proceeded towards the front desk and informed Hibari; the operator stationed there, of their party composition.

After that, they head to the Elevator and then after a quick ride down to the God Arc storage hanger, they then continued to the six Computer Terminals and they individually picked which one to use. Upon reaching the ones they picked, they inserted their right arm to a hole at the side of the Terminal that has the same size and shape like their Armlet.

Done confirming their identities, three large metal racks rose from the floor on either side of the room. The racks has numerous pipes connected to it, supplying the armaments with the needed substance to sate their Appetite. When the racks were completely at the surface, the metal plates that covered the God Arcs inside slid down, revealing what they are storing. Seeing that the process was complete, the small group removed their arms from the holes and proceed to grab their respective weapons.

As they do so, the only girl on the small group stopped and observed. She fixed her gaze on the physical appearance of the weapons of the two males that’s going to accompany her; trying to burn the images to her mined. The one that the white haired boy wields is a massive black block of steel that slightly curves, it has a serrated edge painted red.

The weapon also has red panels shaped in a delta fashion at either side of the ‘organic’ body of the weapon. At the underside of the whole armament just below where the panels are positioned, a blue mechanical piece that has six gun barrels at the end is placed. Mikoto’s gaze lingered for a little bit longer on the weapon as memories of the past and pain of yesterday surfaced a little.

She then observed the one that the raven haired man is wielding; it’s not as long and large as the one the white haired young man has. The one the man is wielding didn’t have any thing that can be compared to a ‘blade’ instead; it’s more of a chain saw, having a belt like mechanism under the covers and an exhaust at the front of the ‘blade’. It also has the panel parts which also red and black in color. But the one the raven haired man has doesn’t have the gun-like piece at the underside. Instead, it has a metal block.

Having completed her observation, she started to walk where her weapon is. She had wielded it for 3 weeks now and has adjusted at the almost weightlessness of her weapon, she doesn’t know if it’s the same for every God Eater but it feels as if the very weapon is part of what she is, as if a lost piece that she finally found and reunited with.

After she reached her destination, she gazed at her weapon and inspect every aspect of it; it has the same Blade part as to the raven haired man, though hers has different panel parts that acts as Shield when deployed; hers is shaped more like a shield than anything. Finally hers also has the gun-like parts but it just looks like two slabs of metal blocks that is overlapping the each other vertically with some kind of disk attached under one of the slabs.

Her gaze didn’t last long though, she had seen the features of this weapon of her for so many times that she can draw it in paper. After she finally free her weapon from the metal rack that is keeping it, she turned towards her companions who was already near the door at the other end of the storage room.

She then joined them and waited for the large automated doors to open, when is did open, they were all greeted by the warm wind outside that is blowing hard, also the sudden surged of bright sunlight made their vision unreliable as their eyes try to adjust to it. One thing is clear though; the sound of helicopter blades spinning and stirring the air araound.

“So our mission objective is to eliminate two Ogretails and collect the Cores, then if there is anything more than that in the area, me and Zero here will take over. Is that clear?” The raven haired man asked while he gaze at the chopper that is just waiting for the passengers to board.

“Understood.” The girl answered, while the boy just nodded with a smile on his face, shouldering his massive blade.

“Ok then, let’s go!”