Chapter 7: Closer to Madness

Upon spotting the ‘Violent gods’ that is scourging a pair of God Eaters, Zero halted; skidding a little from his built up momentum, and fired his God Arc. Multiple gun muzzles blazed as he let loose a barrage of Oracle Bullets towards an offending Aragami in a form of an ape with a series of pipe like organs on its back, that is trying to pummel a female God Eater protecting her unconscious comrade on the ground. The monster roared in pain as the bullets hit their mark, and after a moment; exploded, breaking the armored bonds of the Aragami’s right arm. The Koungo reeled back and turned tails running.

Then another Koungo made an attempt to flatten the female soldier; it tried to leap into the air but then a hail of colorful projectiles pushed it back giving the woman time to grab her partner and haul him away from the open. Grabbing the small opening; Zero charged at the Aragami and slashed it with his swiftly transformed weapon, Another roar sounded before the Simian forced its assaulter away by slamming its body down into the ground creating a small shock wave that pushed the white haired God Eater back.

The monster did not stood up immediately which again presented another opening. Kota joined it the assault and fired his barrage while Zero started to charge his weapon with raging energy. It didn’t took a lot of time for the ‘Violent god’ to finally get irritated enough for it to rise again to its feet and try to deal with the pest that is raining Oracle bullets to it.

But as soon as it stood up, the serrated blade of a Buster Blade God Arc came and slammed itself to the Koungo’s masked face; shattering the mask and obliterating the head of the Aragami. It then went limp and fell on it’s back. The slayer heaving for breath indicating that he gave everything in attack.

Wondering why they still haven’t seen the Aragami named Borg Calamn, the orange haired boy called out to his partner. “I don’t see the Borg!” But his worried cries was answered by the woman they rescued. “We were able to lose it around Sector 7-19 when we back tracked… It may have forgotten about us, if we’re lucky.” The girl said through her coms, being too far away from the two to actually say it in person.

Zero then took the honors of extracting the core of the fallen ‘god’. Now with low environmental tension and threat, Kota was able to have a good look at his friend, he then understood that his fellow is in one of his moments, where he’s close to the edge. He saw Zero’s eyes; how they burn with great anger and pain. Deciding that he should voice out his worry, the orange head tried to start a conversation. “Z, you… Ok?” Kota asked, concern evident from his tone. “Yes. I’m fine.” Zero answered after regaining a steady breathing, his eyes mellowing but the burning emotions still present. Deciding to not push any further, the yellow clad soldier decided to help out the woman instead.

While treating the fallen colleague, the female soldier decided that her partner needs to be brought back home, she called in for an emergency airlift. “This is Assault Second Class Sally Emmers, Requesting airlift for Gunner Private Ichiro Suzuki. Please hurry!” Came the transmission from the woman now know as Sally Emmers. The wait for a reply didn’t last long and a transmission coming from Head Quarters was received. “Affirmative, please hold your position and clear it from any Aragami Activity. ETA 10 minutes.” Hearing that, the small group then raised their alertness to maximum, readying themselves for anything that comes up. After a minute of waiting, another radio transmission was received but this time from one of the teams in the city.

“Team E be advised, we spotted your pursuing Borg! It’s heading to your direction! Be careful, we’ll try to join in after we finish up here! We’re having a tough time cracking this Ghoboro-Ghoboro!” With that, Zero and the other two active God Eater moved away from the injured man preparing to intercept the Aragami that’s coming. The wait didn’t last long, the shaking of the ground was then felt by the trio, indicating that the monster is not that far now.