Chapter 18

Medics: (inilalabas si Agot sa sasakyan)

Albert: (saw Agot unconscious and halos durog ang katawan. Shaking inside with fear of losing her and feeling helpless. Just watch the medic to do their job)

Medics: (nilagay si Agot sa stretcher and giving her necessary aid)

Albert: (nakasunod sa kung saan dinala Agot. Nung sinakay ito sa ambulance sumakay din siya and insist that he will go with them kaya hinayaan siya ng mga guards and sinundan nalang.)

Agot: (unconscious nakahiga sa stretcher)

Albert: (nakaupo sa tabi ni Agot sa ambulance, looking at her. His hands is trembling, he pick Agot's hand na nasa side and hold it.) sweetheart.

Agot: (sort of hallucinating mumbling Albert's name)

Albert: I'm here darling. (May tumulo ng isang patak ang luha niya but wala na siyang pakialam makita syang umiiyak. His concern is for Agot) You will be okay, sweetheart. You heard me? Hindi ko hahayaan may mangyari sayo. (Kiss Agot's hand na hawak niya)

Medics: (still doing kung ano ang kailangan ni Agot)

Albert: (just let the medics do their job. He just keep silent and dahil na din takot siyang marinig ano ang tunay na lagay ni Agot)

Hindi nagtagal nakarating na din sila sa hospital at diniritso si Agot sa emergency room. After attending to her she was brought to the operating room to repair some broken bones, broken spleen, head fructure. She also has some wounds that needs to be stitch.

Albert waited nervously and worriedly for the operation to finish. It took the doctors a long time to repair the broken bones and other things that needs to be done. After the operation Agot was brought to the ICU for she needs to be monitored closely for she's in a very critical condition.

Albert spent a lot of time at the ICU before he went home. Naidlip lang siya saglit and prepared for work but before tackling his appointments for the day he visited Agot at the hospital. But there's still no improvement and positive news regarding Agot's condition.

Naging routine na ni Albert ang manatili sa hospital every spare time he have. He tried to do his obligations and responsibilities to the best of his ability.

A month passed by with Agot still in coma and no news if she's going to wake up or not make it at all. In all those times Albert's still hopeful that Agot will regain consciousness and recover. Hindi siya pumapalya sa pag bisita sa kanya sa hospital. Kinakausap niya ito, sinasabihan kung ano nangyari sa buong araw, kwentuhan niya about kay Amada.

One day.

Albert: (pass by the nurses station)

Nurses: (since lagi na andun si Albert ordinary nalang makita nila ang prinsipe nila and somehow admired him more of his dedication to Agot.) good morning your highness!

Albert: (wave at the nurses and smile at them then diritso na sa room ni Agot.) good morning sweetheart! (Kiss Agot on her forehead) brought you your favorite flowers because it's a nice day outside. (Nilagay yung fresh na flowers na dala niya sa vase)

Agot: (lying still on the hospital bed with lots of machines attached to her body)

Albert: (sit down sa chair na nasa tabi ng bed ni Agot and then hold her hands) your guards told me to tell you to wake up. (Smile fondly at Agot) hindi na daw exciting ang buhay nila dahil wala nang isang pasaway na prinsesa na mission sa buhay ang takasan sila.

Agot: (still no response)

Albert: pati si mama' hinahanap hanap ka. Wala na daw nangungulit sa kanya. (Stroke Agot's cheeks) our princess starts to mumble now and I swear darling she said mama, (smile) she misses her mommy. At ako miss ko na ang makulit at matigas na ulo kong asawa pero mahal ko naman. (Bring Agot's hand he's holding to his cheeks) I love you, Agot.