Chapter 5:

The sun is just barely above the trees when I pull into the lot. There Durant seem to be any other cars there except for my own. I step out into the morning air and look around, taking in the city's beauty. Suddenly the sound of a car door closing breaks my focus. "Good morning" says the British voice. "Morning" I say as I look at Tom.

      "What do you have there" I ask pointing to the small item wrapped in his hand. "Oh I brought a quackson for breakfast." I look at him confused and ready to laugh, "what the hell is a quackson?" "You know a quackson" he says unwrapping a croissant. That when I laugh even harder.

     "You mean a croissant?" He just gives me a small smile and says "shut up." He joins me on the hood of my car and sets his coffee down. "Would you like to split it with me" he ask. I consider it for a minute and look at him. "I would love half of your quackson." He rolls his eyes as he chuckles and slowly tears it in half. "You have a beautiful smile by the way." "Thanks" I say before I bite into the soft flakey pastry.

     "Would you like to go back to my trailer and chill?" "Actually I would like to stay here and enjoy the view" I say. "May I join you?" I simply nod and we watch the sky turn all sorts of amazing colors. We are sharing some small talk when another car pull up, ruining our moment.

      This tall gentleman steps out and walks our way. From what I can see he has blond hair and quirky smile. "Harrison" Tom questions. Suddenly he jumps from the car and runs to the man, engulfing him in a hug. "What are you doing here" Tom asks completely shocked. "Someone missed you" says the boy.

      Out of no where this dog sprints out of the car and tackles Tom. He just smiles and laughs as she licks is face. Then the dog just stops and looks at me, not hesitating to run up to me. It's a beautiful pit bull. "Hello baby" I say as I get down.

     The dog wiggles all around as I give her love, the whole time I am giggling. "Looks like you have been replaced Tommy boy" says the boy. Tom just rolls his eyes and watches us with amusement. "Sierra this is my baby girl Tessa. Tessa this is my friend Sierra." "Awe what a pretty name for a pretty girl" I stay still giving her love.

      Once I stand I am faced with the tall blond. He has rough features unlike Tom with his delicate ones. He certainly is attractive but to me Tom is way better looking. "Harrison this is my Photographer Sierra. Sierra this is my best mate Harrison." "Lovely to meet you" says Harrison as he gently takes my hand and kisses it. "You as well."

      Tessa starts to wiggle against my leg wanting more attention from either me or Tom. At the same time we bend down to pet her, our hands colliding. This sudden warmth is shot through me like wild fire. It sends shivers down my spine.

      "Are you cold" asks Tom. Before I can answer he unzips his jacket and places it on my shoulders. "Thank you" I say while zipping up the oversized sweatshirt. It was so warm and smelled of Tom. Then more cars pull up. I'm the blink of an eye Tom is carried away by the wave of people. Tessa remains by my side along with Harrison. "Enjoy the small moments you get with him, they never last very long" he says as he looks at me then leaves.

        What do I care? This is just a job for me. I need it so I can get into the college I have always wanted to attend. This is just a job, nothing more.