Chapter 8:

Ugh I feel terrible this morning. My stomach is very upset with me, my head is being bashed in, every single movement literally is torture and my skin feels like paper. I feel like death himself died. Maybe it has something to do with what I ate last night. Maybe is has something to do with the new found scars placed on my arms by my mothers actions.

Slowly I check the clock that reads 7:45am. Every muscle screams as I attempt to get ready. A knock on my door catches my attention though. Carefully I twist the knob to reveal a cheery Tom. "Good morning Grim Reaper" he says after taking just one look at me. "Gee thanks. I'll be ready in a minute" I say moving a turtle pace back to my room. "Oh no you don't" says Tom as he jogs in front of me. "Tom move, we have work to do."

Gently he places a hand on my forehead. "Not today we don't. You're burning up. You get any hotter I will be able to cook an egg on ur head." "But-" "No buts. Is there someone here to take care of you?" "Yeah me, myself and I." He just gives me a kind of saddened look. "I'll take care of you then." "Tom no, I don't want to pass this on to you. He just playfully rolls his eyes and suddenly lifts me, taking me to my room.

~Tom's POV~

      Her small frame seems so fragile in my arms. This small moan of pain escapes her lip. It was so quiet though, maybe she didn't want me to hear the pain she is in even though I already knew. Gently I place her in bed and wrap the covers around her. She shivers but seems to relax a moment later.

    "I think I'd might have been something I ate" she says weakly. "It might have, you just need to worry about getting better first." She smiles and I start to look around the room. It's quite simple, plan walls except for the photos that cling to them, whit Christmas lights were strung up, an oak bookshelf stuffed with books, along with a wooden desk with a laptop placed on top and a Tv sitting on its stand. There are a few other simple things but nothing out of the ordinary.

     "Tom?" I spin around and look at her trying to sit up. "Yeah" I say as I try to help her. "Can you out in a movie?" "Don't you want to rest?" "No not really. I'm just not tired." I don't know why but I just couldn't help but smile, "fair enough." "Yay!" I chuckle and make my way over to her tv. "Can you put in the Tobey Maguier Spider-Man?" "Why that one?" "I don't know, I like it" she says with a sassy tone. "Ugh fine."

     Once I get the movie started I make my way out into the hall. "Where are you going?" "Oh um out in the hall, why" I say nervously. "You can lay in bed with me, I don't bite." "Thought you didn't want to get me sick huh?" Sierra just shrugs and I smile, gladly joining her.

     "You know if you master the ways of the nerd like he did then you will be an even better Peter Parker" she says looking at me. "You're not bad but I know you want to be perfect." "Is that so?" She just gives a simple nod and returns her attention back to the movie. "How would you know this" I ask plainly. "It's sorta my job to follow you around so."

     She then looks at me and smiles. It swiftly vanishes as she bolts from her bed across the hall. I chase after her, jiggling the door knob, wanting her to let me in. "Sierra please let me in" I beg "let me help." "No Tom, trust me you don't want to see this." I hear her exhale deeply and then listen to the contents of her stomach spill into the toilet.

       With no way of helping her I sit on the floor besides the door and wait. Eventually after a few minutes there is silence. Then I hear the sound of the door and rise to my feet. She stood before me with her arms wrapped around her stomach. "She looked terrible." Oh darling come here."

     I instantly embrace her in my arms. Her head rest on my chest as I hold her tightly. She looks just purely exhausted when I look at her. Her eyes beg for sleep. "Come on let's get you to bed." Once again she nods but this time with a small pout. I chuckle and take her little hand in mine, leading her to bed. After a few minutes I feel the warmth of her body against mine. She sinks down and places her head on my chest, her eyes now screaming for sleep. "Get some rest love, I'll be here when you wake." She nods and gets comfy.

     A few seconds later she dozes off to get the rest she so desperately needs. As for me I lay perfectly still and wrap an arm around her torso. Then ever so gently I kiss her on her forehead. It was then I noticed the scars that painted the beautiful skin on her arms.