Chapter 7:

The sky is this dark shade of blue when everything starts to wrap up. "Hey Sierra" a voice says behind me. I stop packing my things and turn to be greeted by Zendaya. "Hey" I say shyly. "So the rest of the cast and I were going to go to Steak and Shake, we thought maybe you would like to join us."

     A smile spreads across my face, "sure sounds like fun." "Great! We are just going to group up and ride together." I nod and look around at the groups. Laura stands next to Tom so she must be going with him, Harrison and Zendaya, so that means it must be Jacob and I. "Is she coming" shouts Tom. "Yeah I'm coming" I shout back. "Good, you're riding with me!" I smile and Laura gives him a what the hell look.

      The ride there was mostly silent except for the radio. We share the side glances though. He seems to think I haven't noticed them but I have. "Can I ask you something?" "Go ahead" I say as I turn to look at him. "How have you been since that night?" The question itself kinda stuns me.

     "I have been great. You?" "Oh um same" he says as he looks from the road to me. I smile and turn to look out the window. "So how have u been liking the job" he speaks again. "Honestly I love it. It is so much more fun then I could have imagined." "Really?" "Oh yeah, it's just awesome." Tom just looks at me again and says "see I'm not that bad."

      I just let out a chuckle and playfully hit his arm. "Hey" he says as he gently hits me back. The both of us start laughing as we pull into the parking lot. "Well here we are." I smile and punch him again as I get out. "Oh no you don't" he yells as he rapidly gets out and chases me. Once he catches me he grabs me from behind and we both continue to laugh. "If you two are done horsing around I would like to go eat" says Laura.

    Tom instantly lets go of me and fixes himself. He clears his throat and says "right, shall we Sierra?" This rotten feeling appears in my stomach as I shake my head. All of us crowd around the please wait podium as we wait. I can feel Laura's eyes burning through me. Her gaze makes me uneasy, so uneasy that I don't even realize we were being seated.

      Suddenly I feel this warm hand grasp mine firmly. "Hey are you okay" Tom whispers in my ear. I just shake my head yes, not really knowing what else to say. "Tom sit with me" shouts Laura. He releases his grasp on my hand and joins her, leaving me slightly saddened by the loss of contact. "Hey come sit by me" says Zendaya as she grabs my arm.

     After a while we order our food and chow down. "So Sierra, how are you liking this job" asks Jacob. I swallow the mouthful of burger I had and say "it's been a lot of fun so far." "Can we see some of the photos you have taken" asks Zendaya. "No way, they are not that good. Plus I left my camera in my car." Then Harrison starts laughing. "What's so funny?" "I kinda stole your camera when you weren't looking, just for this purpose."

     My eyes grow wide, oh no. I basically leap from the table in attempts to take it, but Harrison has already given it to Tom who has already started passing it around. Damn. I just return to my seat and wait for the laughter to start. To my surprise there is none. "Sierra, these are really good" says Jacob. "They aren't that good, they are amazing" Zendaya says as she passes it to Laura.

     "Oh please, she's not that good" she spits as she hands it back to Tom. "What are you talking about? They are fantastic!" "Whatever" she scoffs. Bitch. "Ignore her, she has this huge crush on Tom and sees u as a threat to that" Zendaya whispers. Once again I just nod. After a while we all start to joke and laugh until the checks come.

    I reach for the cash that I have stashed in my pocket when my checks gets snatched from my hand. "Hey" I say as I see Tom reading it. "Tom what are you doing?"

     "Paying for you. What does it look like?" Before I can object the check is whisked away   "How much do I owe you?" "Nothing" he says with a smile. "No seriously Tom, how much?" "Seriously Sierra nothing." I smile and blush as I say thank you. Laura just clenches her jaw. "Sierra I have a question for you" says Tom as he points across the table to me. "I have an answer" I say pointing back.

       He lets out what seems to be a nervous chuckle. "Since we have the day off tomorrow, do you think we could do a photo shoot. You know so we can um get some nice shots for um posters and such." Again a smile creeps across my face. "Sure we can do that."

      "Why do you just get one with her Tom" interrupts Laura. I roll my eyes just slightly. "I mean her pictures are just so great" she says with a fake smile. "You said you didn't like my photos though" I said crossing my arms. "Oh I was just kidding." "That's up to her and Tom" chimes Zendaya, "she is Toms personal photographer, she is assigned to him."

      Laura just glares at her with disgust. "Okay I was just asking a question" she says as she leans back in her chair and pouts. "Let's discuss the details in the car" suggests Tom. "Good idea." We say our goodbyes and walk to the car.

      Once again the ride back is mostly silent. "What's your address" asks Tom completely out of no where. "What?" "I'm just going to take you home, it's late." "What about my car and Tessa?" "Don't worry we have guards that are constantly patrolling and Tessa is safe in my locked trailer." I let out a small sigh, "I can't argue my way out of this can I?" "Afraid not love." Love? What? Whatever. I smile and give him my address. I was so distracted by the fact that he called me love that I didn't notice we were in the parking lot of my apartment complex.

     "Thanks for the ride Tom" I say as I step out. Suddenly I hear a car door close. I look up to see Tom standing there. "What are you doing?" "I call it being a gentleman and walking a lady to her door." "Tom it's one in the morning you really don't have too." "I want to." He does just that as we discuss details for tomorrow along the way.

      "So see you tomorrow at eight" he questions. "Yeah." There is this small moment of silence between us. "Well thanks for tonight, it was great." "No problem love." There is was again, he said that word again. "Well goodnight Tom." "Goodnight." With that I unlock my door and step inside. I set my keys down on the table and remove my jacket.

     Then I notice the light is on in the kitchen, that's strange. Curious to know why it was on I walk over. There she was, sitting at the counter, band tied tightly around one arm, empty needle and syringe in hand, passed out. "Mom?!" I run to her, checking her pulse.

      Thankfully she still has one. "Mom, mom, wake up." She starts to move a sleepily moans. "Come one lets go to bed." I basically carry her, taking the majority of her wait and place her in bed. My heart sinks just looking at her, knowing she has started using again.