Smile

••

••

"SO IT IS true? You're doing the job without me?" Batgirl said when she folded her arms on her chest.

Batman sighed, turning around. "Barbara, you know this situation is more serious than the things you are capable of."

She held his forearm and pulled him toward her. "But I thought we were partners?! You should have let me know what is happening!"

"But this time, you are out of this," he answered, "Joker is not what you think you can handle. Joker is cruel— more cruel than the criminals you used to catch. Joker can kill you— in the most gruesome way he thinks so interesting and fun to do so." He then stepped closer at her that their breathings were dwelling. "You will be just a burden to me, Barbara."

Her tongue shrunk back.

Without any more words, the man on a batsuit leaped over the rooftops of the high buildings in the City, leaving the woman who was still standing, speechless about the statements he had thrown to her.

Batman was searching for any possible corners where he could see the clown wandering the area. Standing up at the edge part of an establishment, the Dark Knight tilted his head side-to-side. But he spotted nothing.

Two days after the Joker got escaped, there were no shadows of him, or crimes he usually commits—yet. Just not yet. With the thought of that, agitation run in his system.

Sometimes, it was better to be notified that he was at the corner, doing dirty things on act, than to be left with a cracking-head hint. He expected his entrance to be like a bomb. As he spread his arms, his cape had stretched out to invite the air to let him float without effort. Batman landed to another building but this time, he caught someone who was entering in a building which was located in a narrow pathway.

Narrowing his eyes, he grabbed his device and pulled its trigger; wire's hook poked into the nearby wall and the guardian immediately jumped, balancing his own body as he swung forth.

When he got on the ground, he saw the building as Gambler's House. Surely, the owner of that was once jailed because of his filthy lifestyle too, but soon, they freed them after he financed himself. He was also caught on act making deals with the madman.

Walking to the front door, The poster which was glued on the masonry structure with the clown's face drew his attention . He walked near at it, and the rictus grin across his face made every flesh in his body tremble in despise.

Tearing it off, Batman crumpled and tossed the paper to the other side. He would chase after him and put him on the place he should be at, no matter what— repeatedly.