Smile

••

••

JACK ENTERED the Chemical Ace Factory with every hopes he was wearing. He would just get the money they needed and then, him and Jeannie could live a happy life together with the unborn-still baby.

The husband smiled at the vision he was seeing behind his head; he couldn't imagine, after that, his life would be change- the change he never expected; they would be rich; he could support his growing family; he could get a huge and safe house for his wife and child.

Jack couldn't wait that to happen.

"Wait me home, Jeannie," he said beyond the redhood's mask.

As he strolled inside, he noticed something strange.

"W-Wait. . ." his voice trailed off when he looked side-by-side."They've made changes?!"

Still walking in attempt to continue what he had started, suddenly, the night shift guard spotted him through his flashlight.

"Hey!" he shouted, "freeze!"

Jack glowed because of its beam. Panicking, he did what he could do at that time: run.

"Oh god!" He covered himself behind the big tanks while the security started peppering shells. He crouched down, cupping his hears to avoid the ear-piercing sound. "No! This isn't happening!"

Jack trembled in his position with his mind clouding in negatives. In a quick motion, he saw catwalk and flew to it. Running, he ducked his head when another bullet flew toward him.

"Why I cannot remove this fucking mask!" He cursed under his breath while trying to take that off; he gritted, feeling his skin on his cheeks scraping because of the force he was giving. "I can't see!"

Jack continued running despite of the blurry sight in front.

"We meet again, redhood."

A deep voice came to his ears and the dark shape appeared to his front, walking toward him with its cowls like a real horns.

" . . . you think you can get away from this?"

"No. . . no . . ." Jack fell backward as his legs wobbled. "Don't come near at me! You monster!" His normal voice rattled.

Nervousness won of taking over his system. Jack turned around in a fast pace only to see cops blocking his way.

A monster to his left, and its tentacles to his right. There's no way he could make it out the factory.