Prologue

BEYS POV
Atlanta, Georgia
April 30th 1998

As I stepped out of my car and observed the area around me the corners of my mouth lifted as I realized how much freedom I finally have again.
I'm finally back in college for my3rd year as a jr.

I was happy that I got transferred from Huston university to Georgia state. This was a new environment away from my parents and away from my other responsibilities. I was now in control of my own life with out my parents breathing down my back.

"Bey honey!" I herd my mother yell as she came around to the side of the car I was on.

"Yes momma?" I asked in a slightly annoyed tone as she held my things in her hands. My dad came on the other side of the car and grabbed them from her.

"Where is your room bey?" My dad asked asked

"It's in building G daddy." I said as I started walking towards it because I had the directory.

"Why is this suit case so heavy, what is in here?" He said picking it up and dropping it on the floor I laughed because I know that had to hurt.

"Daddy it's just my clothes." I said and he sighed and started rolling it

They followed behind me with my things as we walked to dorm G and complained about how much stuff I had in the first place. I rolled my eyes and went straight towards the elevator as soon as we got into the building.

When it opened I saw this sexy chocolate man looking down at his shoes like he was checking them. With some juicy lips, a toned body, big brown eyes, and his hair was lined up to the t. His style was so nice.I smiled at him as he looked up at me then walked into the elevator with my parents following me. And I pressed 4,

"Can you press 8 please Ma'" he said and my knees got weak when I herd his sexy ass voice and I'm guessing New York accent. Because I've been there before and everybody called me "Ma"

"Yeah." I said calmly and pressed 8. I felt a stare on the back of my head so I looked back and saw he was staring at me. We just ended up staring at each other checking each other out and not even caring that people were around us. Until I herd the elevator ding and flew open. I gave him a gentle smile and he licked his lips and winked at me while blood rushed up to my cheeks. And I looked down. I walked out of the elevator completely forgetting my parents were there while I walked to my dorm.

"444" was my dorm number and I smiled at the fact that it's my favorite number. I used they key they gave me to unlock the room and twisted the door nob.

To my surprise I was either the first one in there or didn't have a roommate. Which either one would be perfect for me. I looked at the twin sized bed imagining what decorations I could put around the room to make it feel like home.

"Bey we don't want to stay too long but we love you, don't do any thing stupid please." My mom said as she hugged me for the last time in a couple of weeks or months as I kissed her fore head and told her I loved her too

"Yeah bey we love you. Here are your keys." My dad said coming in for the next hug then handing me my keys. I was truly going to miss being able to see them all of the time. Even though the get on my got damn nerves.

"Thanks I love you too daddy" I said after I kissed his cheek. "Bye guys!" I yelled as they walked out of my dorm. I checked around and made sure they were in the elevator then laughed and closed the door

"Solo? You good sis?" I asked and laughed and she laughed too

"Bey come get me out of this shit."she said and I laughed then walked over to my suit case and laid it on the ground. Then I unzipped it and Solange climbed out. We both laughed because we actually got away with it this time.

She's stretched while I plopped down on my bed

"We actually did it this time!" She said and I nodded and laughed

"That's only because you could keep you mouth shut this time! I was surprised you didn't say nothing when daddy threw you on the floor." I said then laughed and she rolled her eyes dramatically and laughed

"Bitch I was trying so hard, I swear he was throwing me all over the place!" She said laughing

"Well you ready to explore thu?" She asked and I nodded my head

"But we gotta get my room together first." I said then she nodded and we started putting things out and up. While playing music we decorated my whole side with blue and white decorations matching my bed set. Then I started decorating my room with old and new pictures of me and my bestie Kelly, Angie, Michelle, lala, and solo. Along with my cousin tyty. Those are people I'd miss the most. But they said their goodbyes before I left. Well except for Solange

I let out a deep sigh once I got done setting my bed and putting things where they belonged. This was the start of a new college, different people, different scenery and more. And I had my little sister who was a jr in high school for the first couple of days.

"Okay get dressed were going out to eat." I said then she got dressed and we went to the Cheesecake Factory then explores campus finding my way around with solo. We had fun the first night. And I was happy I got to sneak her here before I got into this lonely college life.