Ch 12

Jays Pov

The game was nearly about to start and we were warming up, I still haven't seen bey or family yet. I was looking around and still didn't see them so I made my way to the locker room to call her and make sure she was on her way. Once I got in there I went straight to my cubby hole thing and grabbed my phone. I dialed her number and it rang three times before she picked it up.

"Hey baby, what's up?" I heard her sweet, deep, raspy southern voice ring through the phone. I didn't tell her but I love her accent, and her voice.

"Hey ma, you on your way? I wanted to see you before the game started." I asked impatiently because I knew I would have to leave out in a minute

"Yeah, I'm walking in now. Where you at?" She asked and I sighed because I knew she wouldn't have time to reach me

"I'm about to go on the court. Y'all seats are right in the front next to Ryan. So just find her and you'll see 5 extra seats. Imma see you when I get out there." I said and she said alright then we hung up.

I put my phone up and ran back to the court and joined in on warm ups. We had 3 minutes left until the game started and we did starting line up. I looked behind me before I ran on and saw bey and her grandparents and two cousins. I quickly ran over to her while they called the starting fives name.

"Jay! Get back over here!!" I heard my coach yell. Bey wasn't too far from us so I went anyways. She looked up and saw me coming then smiled. Reaching her arms out.

I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her then kissed her forehead and her lips.

When we let go I looked at her grandparents and shook here hands. And I dapped her male cousin up while I shook the girls hand.

"Hey everyone, my name is jay and I promise after the game I can give y'all the proper greeting but I have to go. It's nice seeing y'all and thank you for coming to my game." I said before I stole one last kiss from bey and they all yelled good luck.

"And last but not least, the 6'4 junior, on his 3rd season of varsity, 3 time winning champion, and team captain. Give it up for Jayyyyy !!" I herd the announcer say and I ran through the tunnel of players and  dapped everybody up while everybody cheered. I could hear Beyoncé's loud mouth ass from a mile away

"YEAH THATS MY BABYYY!! YEAH JAYYY!!" I heard her and I just laughed and pointed at her the patted my chest

We did tip off and our team got the ball, I ended up with it and ended up making a 3, and I heard everyone cheering, especially bey

Beys pov

It was the end of second quarter and we were down by 21. Jay only made 6 points this whole game which is not usual at all by halftime. It was something off, so as soon as halftime began and they started walking towards the locker room I excused myself and pulled him to the side.

"Baby what's up? What's wrong, cause you not playing how you usually play.. it's something off." I told him as he looked around then I grabbed his face to make him look at me.

"Bey, I think- I think my dad is here. And I can't fucking think straight because that nigga has stood me up so many times I can't count but he can come to my fucking basket ball game? That shit is crazy as hell." He said rubbing his waves then shaking his head. "And now that he here I've been fumbling but I need to get it the fuck together. But my emotions everywhere I can't focus"

I sighed as I thought of something to say as he tried to look anywhere but at me.

"Jay..Jay!" I called then he looked down at me. "Right now, I need you to worry about winning, not that dead beat ass nigga. I need you to stop fumbling and show him what he missing out on. Show him how far you got with out him. Give him a reason for coming and bring it the fuck home. You got this baby, up made it so far with out him. Show him how much further your gonna make it." I said while looking in his eyes and I saw the color change from a dark dark brown to a calm brown. He bent down and kissed my lips then hugged me.