Chapter 6: Funeral

Chapter 6: Funeral
I groan and get up.
"Lynn here you go and have fun at your funeral." Akealos gave me a cloak. I picked up my case I decided to run.
When I land on earth I feel so different. I'm so use to having weight on my back. When I see a church I run in and go to the restroom to take off my jewelry and hide my piercings. I take out my pigtails and look at my long black hair. When I was human my hair was 2ft long now it's 3ft. So Many things have changed. My hair has gotten long, and is now black.
The ceremony starts. I go up front and play a song. This song was a song that I found on the internet. For some reason I really did like this song. 'Flame burns within you'....
After the pastor talks and people crying, My wings start showing and I make a run for it.
"Akealos take me back to the heavens! My wings are showing!"
"Got it!"
~At the temple~
"So how was your funeral?" Akealos sits at the table with the guests.
"Tiring, looking at a crowd makes me sick. I've done some stuff in a crowd but I'm used to it. Stages are my everyday life. Well used to...."
"What did you do?"
"Sit, listen, play...."
"Oh I'm sorry Lynn this is Winter and her servant Yuki. Winter, Yuki this is Lynn my new servant. She just got back from her funeral. Lynn was a human until she was shot. So yeah! Lynn you can get dressed and meet us back here. Do you want me to call your stylist? You're hair is kinda messy."
"Sure.... Thank you~"
I stumble to my room and put on my shorts and top. I slide on my boots and put in my earrings. My halo shines bright as I stretch my wings. Perella comes in and does my hair, my makeup and spray perfume.
I walk out feeling tired and very sleepy. Everyone looks at me like I'm drunk or something. I smile and shyly say 'hi'. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get more sleep tonight. I sit at the table hoping to stay awake. I order a seasonal latte so it could help me stay awake.
"50 laps, 100 push-ups, 300 curl ups. START!" Winter shouts. Yuki and I start jogging while the two goddesses talk.
Winter is the goddess of snow, winter, and seasons. Yuki is her servant. The moon and stars are apparently comrades. Winter looks to be 9-10 years old while Yuki looks to be the same age as me while Akealos looks like she's 25.
The 2 of us start breathing heavily on the 50th lap. Well atleast im not alone on training (Like running).
"So Lynn how old are? In human years?"
"Approximately 12. You?"
"Well I look like a thirteen year old but my soul 23 years old. So how's being an officer of the moon?"
"Nice, You?"
"She can kinda get moody but I can handle it. When she has night terrors she tempts to get really scared. So I have to comfort her until she gets tired."
"How long does that take?"
"2 hours, But usually when a god or goddess has a nightmare it could mean something is about to happen. For instance a god just got into a fight with another God. It disrupts the balance and becomes a war on earth. Well anyways how was life on earth?"
"Good, it got difficult at times but it was good!" I lied.
"Well later do you want to hang out? We're going to to be comrades so why don't we become friends?"
"Sure~"
On our 49 lap we high fived each other and crossed the finishing line. We got water and got on the floor to do curl ups and push ups. About 30 minutes later we went against a servant which was challenging but easy. Yuki uses claws, while I use a scythe.
"You use a scythe?" Yuki looks at it.
"Yeah...."
"I've never seen an angel use a scythe! How do you use it?"
"I really don't know I just feel like we're mind and body. It's easy to use and control."
"Cool! You're the first Angel to use a scythe!"
I look at Yuki and breathe. Maybe I can get use to this.
Training was done in 2 seconds and I finally got to relax.
"Lynn why don't you take them to the guest rooms."
"Sure~"
"I'll set up bath for you & cook you a meal."
"Thanks!"
Yay I love Akealos food! I've only tried it once. She's usually busy and says she can't cook at all. She can cook but she's busy watching me (Which is only for training.) and over chaos. The underworld disturbs and worries her.
I sit in the hot spring. Perella comes in.
"Lynn?"
"Yes?"
"Akealos wanted to request you after your bath."
"Oh okay I'll get out soon. Thank you!"
I get dressed and run to Akealos work room.
"Lynn, Be prepared any time now. The underworld is about to attack."
"Got it!"
"This will be your first battle. Don't stress you've done a lot of training. Just spread your wings and wield your weapon. You can do this!"
"Thank you." I get up from my bowing position.
This was a more serious topic. It's only been the 4th day and i'm going to be put into battle. Why? Wait what's going on? Huh why does the world seems so blurry? How come I can't f----
"Calm down you're fine. Don't stress out. It'll make it worse. Just do what you normally do. Go get some shut eye. It's fine, but before you go I got you a gift! Go to your room!" I run to my room and find a 50 inch TV with a game set.
"Thank you so much!" I hug her.
She smiles and a tear slips out of my eye. This was my home. Feels like a vacation everyday.
Looking out my window to see the moon and stars shining. When I look at the moon and stars I start to wonder.... Who's the god/goddess of light? Well I'll find out some day. Will we become allies with them? They help us shine through the night? Ugh i'm going to confuse myself.
I should just relax, watch something and read some fortunes or letters. I find a letter from Leyah.
Lynn,
There was a girl who came to the funeral. She looked like you but had black hair and looked more mature. I wonder how are you doing? What are you doing? Are you doing anything special? I really----

I stopped reading. Flashbacks came to me.

I am the monster and you are the innocent....

I run and try to relax before it gets bad. Okay relax.
The rest of the night I worried with anger and bitterness.

I am the monster and you are the innocent....