Chapter 1

Goth sobbed, curled up into his chest. His clothing torn and dirty, his own small skinny frame covered in mud and dried up blood.

He was alone.

Alone in the world.

Sitting on the street, monsters walking by and none giving him a second glance. It was to be expected, in Underfell. It's kill, or be killed. Weakness wasn't allowed.

Goth knew that far too well.

He curled up as the snow in front of him crunched, announcing the arrival of a stranger in front of him. Cautiously, the younger looked up, red eyes and tear stained cheeks gazing up at the older boy, barely a man with a cut on his cheek, another skeleton dressed in dark green and splashed with blood.

"Kill me." Goth said, strangely calm although he had been crying, his voice raspy and cracked from the hours of sobbing.

The older smirked. "You're pathetic," Goth smiled, knowing far too well that he was.

"I'm not afraid to die." Goth spoke up, gritting his teeth. Stubbornness edging his voice even till the end.

"Of course you're not," he muttered, picking at his nails before looking back at Goth. "Dying is easy in this world. You're afraid to live."

Goth's eye widened in shock, he hadn't expected that. He squealed as the older grabbed him by the arm, dragging him up and pulling him inwards to face him.

"I'll give you two choices," he said, Goth shivered, he could feel his hot breath on his face as the older pushed him against a wall. "I can kill you, and give you a free pass," he grinned sadistically, brandishing a knife Goth swore he pulled out of nowhere. "Or, you can come with me, and I'll give you a meaning to live. I'll teach you how to live."

Goth blushed at how close they were together, pushing the older off of him. Pursing his lips together, he didn't have a place to go, no family, he didn't have any friend anyway.

Guess there's only one way to go...

"I-I want you to teach me." Goth inhaled, making his voice firmer and looking the older in the eye stubbornly. "I want you to teach me how to live."

The stranger grinned, reminding Goth of a tiger looking at its prey. The smile friendly yet more resembling a smirk.

"Good choice." He responded smoothly, "I'm Palette."