Chapter 4

"You can't do this to him!"

"Yes. I. Can."

Reaper and Geno huffed, both stubborn and furious at the other.

"He's a child!" Geno retorted.

"He's my child!"

"He. Is. OUR. Child."

Geno glared, storming out of the throne room, slamming the door behind him as he ran down the ever changing halls.

"Geno?"

Khloe's little head popped out of nowhere, bright eyes gazing curiously at Geno. She could tell he was angry, his narrowed eye and hard expression gave it away.

"Are you mad at me?" Khloe asked, lip trembling and eyes round with sadness.

"No, I'm just. Reaper, can be very stubborn sometimes."

Khloe nodded in understanding, climbing out from behind the drawer she had been hiding behind. "Goth has been... experiencing things," She confessed, scratching the back of her head in hesitation, "His significant other that helped him get over the 'death' of you and Reaper was abusing him."

Geno's eye flared, as he glared at the younger. Grabbing her by the collar and pinning her to the wall, "And you didn't bother to tell me?!" He growled. Khloe gulped, "I stepped in. I pretended to sleep with Palette-"

"That's the bastards name?!"

"Yes, and Goth saw us and ended things with him."

Geno sighed, slightly satisfied with the answer and silently relieved his son was away from the monster that had hurt him.

"You are... dismissed." Geno said cooly, Khloe winced as he pulled his title on her but nodded in submission.

"Yes sir," the small girl quietly retreated back into the shadows.

And just then, did Geno became aware of how dark the halls were. How the shadows seemed to gather like mist and block out as much light as possible, and maybe then, did he truly realize he didn't just miss his son. He missed his home.