Chapter 13

It's chaos in Goth's house tonight.

There's pillows strewn over the floor, blankets lay crumbled up across chairs, and toothpaste spread all over the kitchen, strangely enough.

He's wallowing in the corner of his and Palette's once shared room, refusing to look at anything else except the plain white wall. He went to work yesterday, but the library wasn't busy and the books he usually enjoyed seemed intimidating and old.

Cray had stopped by, but had left almost as quickly with the persistence of Goth. Now Goth was alone with his own despair, and he almost, almost, missed Palette's company.

The doorbell rang and Goth moved sluggishly to open it, the golden handle pressing into his bony hand as he swung the door open.

Palette.

It was Palette.

Goth swore Palette could hear his thoughts from a mile away. But Palette's face was dark, and he grabbed Goth's wrist before pulling him out and pressing him into the wall. He wasn't drunk, but his hands moved up and down Goth's body. His arousal pressing into Goth's own arousal and he gasped in surprise.

Palette's pupils were blown, blown wide. Palette in control was terrifying, but Palette our of control was a wildfire that burnt everything in its path. He pressed his lips against Palette's feverishly but Palette pulled away, whispering against Goth's lips.

"Do you want this?"

His voice was husky, and Goth remembered that they were outside.

"Inside." Palette picked him up and slung Goth over his shoulder before dropping him rather unceremoniously onto the couch. Making Goth shout in surprise.

"Fuck you!"

"Gladly."