Chapter 9

The night of the masquerade ball. When me, Skye, Sage, and Willow entered everyone went quiet. Then I saw Will, Kobe, and who I guessed to be Kobe's brother. When I went over Kobe waved and said, "Nice costumes Jasmine. Did you make them?" "In matter of fact I did," I said laughing. Then Kobe's brother cleared his throat and said, "I am Jammie, Kobe's brother. I have heard so much about you Jasmine," then he took my hand and kissed it. Then I yelped in surprise and blushed. Then Skye, Sage, and Willow came over and Jamie said, "You are the best costume designer Jasmine." Then Kobe pushed Jammie away from me and said, "Stay away from her Jammie." Then Jammie got a suspicious smile on his face and asked, "Why do you like her?" Then I looked at Kobe, saw he was blushing, and he whispered, "Yes I do like her," then he looked at me and I smiled. Then I hugged him and whispered, "It's okay." Then the principal came over the loudspeaker and said, "We have your votes in and we have our new king and Queen. Let's start with the King. The king is Kobe King." Then everyone started to clap and I pushed Kobe towards the stage. Then the principal said, "And now for the Queen. Our very own Jasmine Jackson." Then I walked up on stage and everyone clapped. When me and Kobe had our crowns on the principle said, "We will have them dance but first can the king and Queen read the results for the costume contest." Then I shook my head and grabbed the piece of paper the principle was handing to me. When me and Kobe got to the microphone Kobe said, "We will start with third place. Third place is Jake Johnson and Blaze Jackson for their costumes of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb." Then Jake and Blaze came on stage and everyone clapped their hands. After we gave them their rewards I walked up to the microphone and said, "Second place is Will Wilson, Jamie King, and Kobe King for their costumes of the three musketeers." Then everyone clapped harder since the king was in second place. Then Kobe went up to the microphone and said, "First place is Willow Jetson, Skye Craig, Sage Jensen, and Jasmine Jackson for their costumes of Wizard and the Oz." When my friends got on the stage we got our rewards.