eighteen | real life

jack was the first to say something, disrupting the awkward silence that was going on between the seven teens.

"h-hey guys,"

"hey, jack, what are you guys doing here?" cal raised a brow, looking at jack, finn, jaeden, wyatt, and lastly at kay.

"we were just coming to pick up sophia," jack responded, his voice becoming more nervous as he spoke. he knew it was going to be weird because jaeden was with them and so was kay.

"yeah, we're going to to see a movie," finn added. he had noticed jack getting nervous and interlaced their fingers, "but i mean if you two are busy then we can go see a movie with soph another time,"

"no, it's fine, we can all go together, if you want to come, cali?" sophia replied. finn looked back to jaeden who was faced the other way.

"i don't know if that would be the best idea," finn said. jaeden then turned back around and started to speak up.

"no it's fine," jaeden said reassuringly.

"really?" finn asked him, a little shocked.

"yeah,"

"but the whole thing with-" jack started to intervene but was immediately cut off.

"yes, it's fine. i didn't even like cal anyway," jaeden said, then widened his eyes, realizing that he just made a big mistake.

"wait what?" finn asked confused.

"yeah, what?" cal said, raising a brow.

"nothing, i didn't-, just nothing," jaeden said, trying to cover it up. his face was getting redder by the second.

"don't say it was nothing, we all heard what you said," finn told him, "so explain," he demanded, crossing his arms.

"it's just, it's hard to explain," jaeden said and looked as red as a tomato now.

"jae, just tell us," jack said with a reassuring smile. a smile that jaeden knew he couldn't resist.

"oh gosh," jaeden said and sighed, "well i liked someone, a guy to be exact, and i didn't know what to do, so i asked a friend what to do and he said to cover it up i should get a girlfriend, so when I saw a bunch of people tagging me in cal's posts, i thought that she could be the one to be my girlfriend,"

everyone in the room just looked at jaeden with a shocked look on their faces.

"wait a minute, let me get this straight, so you went along with all this making me choose stuff just so you could cover up for liking a guy?" cal said, with a bit of anger in her tone.

"yes, and i realize now how bad that was, i just got kind of caught up in the whole thing, i'm really sorry," jaeden said apologetically.

"i appreciate it, but 'i'm sorry' isn't going to cut it," cal said and jaeden just nodded his head in shame and looked down.

"i've got to go cool off, i'll be back," cal said and got up and started walking out the door, pushing past jaeden, wyatt, finn, jack, and kayla.

"i'll go talk to her," sophia suggested and got up off the couch and started to walk towards the door.

"wait," finn said, holding his arm out to stop sophia.

"finn, she needs someone, when a girl says she is going to cool off, she means that she needs someone to comfort her," sophia explained.

"yes, but, not to be rude, but you are kind of part of the problem, so i don't think you should go," finn explained, trying his best to not make sophia angry.

"then who's going to go? you?" sophia questioned.

"actually yes," finn said and started out the door.

"bubba, i can come with-," jack started but finn immediately cut him off.

"no, jack, just stay here with everyone else," finn told him and quickly planted a small kiss on jack's cheek.

"i should come, too," kay stated, "i need to make up with her," she said in a sad tone and started to follow finn.

"okay," finn said as they started out of the building.

sophia, jaeden, jack, and wyatt all stood in awkward silence for a moment, until jack spoke.

"wait a minute, jaeden, so who's the guy you like? do we know him?" jack asked jaeden, raising a brow.

"well, uh, yeah," jaeden said as his cheeks started getting red.

"then tell us," sophia chimed in.

"um, well, this is probably going to ruin everything, but everything is already ruined," jaeden said and paused for a second to take a deep breath, "it's wyatt,"

"cal, are you okay?" finn said as he and kay arrived outside to where cal was sitting on a bench, with her face in her hands.

"oh yeah i'm great," cal said sarcastically throwing her arms up in the air, dramatically, "and why are you here?" cal said pointing to kay, "i thought you weren't talking to me,"

"i came out here to apologize, i'm sorry that i got mad at you, i might've just been jealous and mad that you weren't hanging out with me as much, i'm so sorry i just want to go back to being best friends,"

"i guess i'm sorry, too, i was acting differently and i should've texted and hung out with you more," calista confessed.

"so friends again?" kay asked sitting down next to cal.

"yeah, friends again," cal said, mustering up a smile.

"okay so i'm all for this lovey dovey making up stuff but can we get back to the whole being mad at jaeden thing? and if our group is going to fall into chaos?" finn interjected ans crosses his arms.

"i'm not completely mad at him, i mean i get that he did it to cover up the fact that he liked a guy and that he just got caught up in it all because it is easy to get caught up in things. i'm just mad that he did it and it's going to take me a little while to get over it, but i'll be fine," cal told finn.

"okay, i like our friend group and i wouldn't want it to change because of all of this," finn explained.

"neither would i, i could tell he felt bad about it, so it's fine, but i might need to not talk to him for a little bit," cal explained to him and started to get up, kay following her.

"i fully understand that and that's cool, so let's go back inside now because it's probably very awkward up there right now," finn said with a small laugh, and they started to head back into the building.

-

a/n: sorry that it takes me a while to update but I'm honestly going to try better I am so sorry :(