~2

Charlie's P.O.V
__________

After everything that happened I needed to get home. It was almost 7:00 and we had curfews by then. I walked back home casually since it wasn't too far from town. I took my glasses off sighing, I couldn't see with them on either so what's the point. Wiping my clothes from the dust I continued on.

"Hey, Loser." I heard someone's voice behind me. I turned around jumping a bit still worried about what happened earlier.
but it was just Beverly. I smiled, "Hey dweeb." I replied laughing and looking back down at my beat up old converse and the cuts from the bushes.

"I was wondering.. maybe we could have a sleepover?" She asked biting her lip in hopeful suspense. "Yea! My place or yours?" I asked "yours.." she trailed off. I nodded. "Okay... sounds great."

"I'll have my mom call your dad." I said throwing my arm around her shoulder and casually walking back to my place.

When we got to my house my mom looked up from her paper work on the kitchen counter. She rose as Beverly and I gulped. "Charlotte what happened to you?" She asked, her voice sounding more scornful than worried. "Uh... playing in the woods..." I replied. "Tsk Tsk, I told you. I don't want you playing in the woods."

I sighed, "can you please call Mr. Marsh and ask if Beverly can stay over?" "Very well." She replied. I smiled. "Young lady" she stopped me as Beverly and I started for the stairs. "Where are your glasses?" I bit my lip. She sighed. "You're going to have to explain this to your father." She walked back to the kitchen.

We ran up to my room slamming the door shut behind us. "Ok so... that was intense." Beverly commented. "Yea, you get used to it."

"So... is everything ok?" She asked. "Yea, I mean getting chased, cut, and probably losing a friend was pretty amazing Bev." I replied playfully.

"Shut up Charlotte Rose Denver" I scoffed at how she used my full name. "Shut up, don't use my full name that's cringey as hell." i pouted.

She poked my cheek and i tingled under her touch. I never got these feelings before, what the hell.

She smiled and my heart fluttered. I breathed in deep and concerned, she asked if I was ok yet again, this time replying "Yea, im fine Bev." I lied.