~11

Charlie's P.O.V
__________

Sitting alone on a rock I stared out at everyone else who played random games in the grass.

Everything that had happened had suddenly hit me, the realization that nobody except the losers believed me. Even Riley questioned me even though I've only known her two days.

My parents have looked at me differently and my family has refused to talk about it. They locked my sisters room off and took down all picture evidence of her and stuffed it in there.

My family has been different but they seem to be doing great at taking sympathy from our neighbors over the whole ordeal.

"Hey loser, what's the matter?" Beverly asked standing over me. When I looked up at her face I could see the red flame like shimmer from her hair as she blocked the sun.

"Uh.. Uhm." I bit my lip looking down. Things have been so different I forgot about my feelings. I forgot I even had any.

Sighing heavily Beverly sat down next to me.

"Listen I know things are different now with your family but you can talk to me about it."
She said rubbing my back.  "I'm fine." I said sending a very fake smile of reassurance her way.

She stared at me for a little bit studying my face. I kept very still as if she had been painting my portrait and I didn't want to mess her up.

"Can I try something?" She asked.

"Uh yea sure....?" I said skeptical.

She began to hesitate but slowly leaned in.

My heart pounded in my chest. Soon her lips connected with mine and my brain completely shut down.

I could feel the heat rushing to my face, i just hope it's mistaken for a sun burn against my tan complexion.

I was kissing back at this point and i hadn't wanted it to end.  "Hey guys do-"
We immediately pulled back looking in opposite directions.

Eddie had stood there in embarrassment, probably from walking in on us making out. But I can understand.

I bit my lip looking down.

"I-I'm Sorry... I didn't mean to-"

"Eddie it's fine." Beverly interrupted. Her looking just as nervous as me.

Eddie walked away slowly, as soon as it seemed clear Beverly turned to me. "So what did you think?"

"I think he's going to tell everyone.." I replied.
"No not about that! About the kiss...." she blushed biting her lip.

I bit the inside of my cheeks holding myself from smiling. "I liked it .... a lot"