~12

Charlie's P.O.V
__________

I was happy for the very first time in a while.

I didn't know what the kiss meant or if it made us a "thing" but I genuinely enjoyed it.

When we got back to the group everyone stared whilst Eddie hid. Doesn't take a genius to know that he blabbed.

Asshole.

Clearing my throat I walked ahead of the group. "Let's go get ice cream shall we." Continuing on I listened and after a few seconds heard them shuffle behind me.

That Night

I said good bye to everyone and began walking home. Riley ran up behind me.

"H-hey.. so are you going to explain to me what happened earlier or are you going to just pretend it never happened?" She panted.

"What are you talking about" I asked. FULLY knowing what she was talking about actually.

She sighed, seeming to give up but began to speak again. "Listen I know you have a thing for Beverly, and by the way Eddie had explained what he saw you two doing while we were all by the water it seemed she was enjoying it too." She smirked nudging me.

But then she got serious. Looking at me with a furrowed brow and then back down at the side walk.

She seemed to be deep in thought and I stopped breathing, as if my source of living would interrupt her.

She shook her head "clearing" her thoughts like an etch-a-sketch.

"What was that about?" I laughed trying to lighten the mood of her very strange actions.

"N-nothing."

We continued on our long walk home, knowing it would take a while on foot since I left my bike in Beverly's yard when we stopped by her house to get some money.

As my mind began drifting to the kiss from earlier I had been snapped out of thought when I heard what I presumed to be circus music.

"Is there a circus going on?" Riley's eyes lit up.

I mocked her earlier actions by furrowing my brows. I had no idea there was a circus going on. They would have announced it and hyped it up.

Before I could speak Riley began walking towards the eary music.

"Hey! Riley! What the hell are you doing!" I scolded staying in my exact spot.

Ignoring me she continued to aimlessly walk.

Biting my lip I had a gut feeling it wasn't a good idea for her to follow but part of me was curious as to what the music source was.

I sighed giving into my curiosity and ran after Riley.

After following the music for blocks on end we finally stumbled upon a burnt up old house, aka the Crack house. According to Richie.

"Riley this isn't a-" the music suddenly stopped with a what sounded like clanking instruments.

My heart raced and I began to feel myself move towards the house, my limbs disobeying my brains screaming to stop.

I looked to Riley who had already been way ahead of me.

As we entered the house it was dusty and reeked of booze, moldy grass, and burnt wood.

Suddenly I saw Riley fall face first into the ground and that's when everything went black for me as well.