Bully Me : Chapter 37 (Part 2)

[Once again thanks to everybody who has voted and commented on this story and all the silent readers too ^^ it really means a lot to me! I hope you enjoy this chapter! ^^ This chapter is dedicated to @crazy_is_normal for guessing the right answer ^^]

Chapter 37 (Part 2)

** 

'They look so cute together.' 

'Yeah.' 

'It’s really adorable.' Niall whispered, peering from above the upside down menu card, he held in his hand. There was a small smile on his face and his eyes trained on the couple sitting a few tables opposite to them. 

'Yes Niall.' Zayn replied in the same indifferent voice. 

'Are you jealous of them?' 

'Of course not. Why would I be jealous of them? I – ' Zayn stopped and stared at Niall. The boy had turned all his attention on him. 

I have got you, Zayn wanted to say. He wanted to scream out to the world of his love for the small Irish boy, who was still looking at him with curious glare. But he didn't. 

'What was it? What were you gonna say Zayn?' Niall leaned forward and narrowed his eyes at the boy's flushed face. What had he done now? 

'It’s nothing. All I'm saying is, I don't have any reason to be jealous of Harry.' 

'Oh.' that was the only thing that slipped from Niall's mouth, his excited expression dropping and he focused back on his best friend snuggling in Harry Styles' arms. He was expecting something else, maybe not a love confession but something closer...after all this was their fourth date. 

Don't people kiss on the second date and then jump to sex on the fourth? Niall had thought so too, after watching way too many chick flicks and 'The Notebook'. But in reality Zayn had barely touched him in any of the previous dates they had had. 

It could be that they were occupied with something else at that moment, like spying on your best friends eating each other’s faces while moaning in the dark. Or watch the secret glances they gave each other when they thought no one was paying attention. But they saw it all, and made it their mission to stalk the two love birds until they were sure there won't be any more drama in the future. The idea was Niall's, but Zayn was his partner-in-crime in equal measures. 

The boy had been curious to find out whether Harry really cared for Louis or was it just an act. 

Zayn still found it hard to believe that Harry preferred boys over girls and had hid it from his own best friend so effectively. But instead of getting angry on him, Zayn had made peace with his mind, putting himself in Harry's place and thinking of what he was going through. Even though Zayn was gay, he had never actually come out in front of the whole school like that, like Louis Tomlinson had done back in the third grade. He couldn't do that, he didn't have the guts to do it. Not then and not now. 

'Zayn? Zayn, are you there?' Niall touched his fingers lightly, a soft caress of the skin. It was enough to snap Zayn out of his thoughts and blink at Niall's beaming face who for some reason had leaned closer still, almost halfway up his chair. 

'Yeah...' Zayn replied, slightly breathless and stunned. 

'Oh good! I am about to place the order. What do you want to eat?' 

Zayn laughed at the excitement in his voice. The boy had an unusual passion for food that his love couldn't beat. Food was always on his mind, no matter where they were. Though it always surprised him, how Niall could have such a huge appetite and yet sported the skinny frame and arms, which made him, look so tiny and child-like. He shook his head and chuckled softly before nodding his response to Niall.