Bully Me : Chapter 38

[Bully Me has crossed 70K+ reads! Yay! *blows kisses to all the wonderful readers* thanks so much for your support and love guys! It really means a lot to me *sniffs* ^-^]

Chapter 38 

**

'Please Lou!' 

'But Ni...' 

'Please, please pretty please come to the party with me!' Niall whined from the other side of the line, causing Louis to shake his head at the boy's tantrums. 

'Zayn will be accompanying you at the party...right?' 

'Yes, but -' Niall began, however Louis cut him off and continued with his reasoning. 

'Then you don't need me. You have a date and I don't. It would be useless for me to come to the party alone. I don't wanna be the third wheel between you two.' 

'It’s not like that Lou. He...h-he...' Niall stumbled, unable to explain to Louis, what Zayn meant to him. He knew the guy had become more than just a simple 'boyfriend'. If given a choice he would call them lovers instead of boyfriends. It sounded more mature and had a nice ring to it. 

'Ni? Are you there?' Louis's voice crackled from the cellphone he held in his hand and he immediately nodded. 

'Yeah.' 

'Good. Now, like I was saying...there is no need for me to join you at the party, since Zayn -' 

This time Niall cut him off, and launched into the idea he had in mind. 

'You can come along with Harry.' he blurted out. 

Ever since Stan had mentioned the party, his brain had worked overtime to come up with a fool proof plan that would get the two love birds together without them being suspicious about it. It was obvious, how much Louis loved Harry and hopefully the bully loved him to the same extent. It was for this reason that Niall wanted to see them together more, without having to worry about the others or the society. 

It wasn't that Niall didn't enjoy Zayn's company. No, the lad very much loved being around the school bad boy. But it was his belief, that if they could pull Louis and Harry out of the closet and in front of some known students and friends, it would make their life easier – it would make the hiding of their relationship from the public's eye unnecessary or at least Niall hoped so. For once he wanted Louis to be happy with, who he was and be with whom he loved the most without having to worry about what others thought of him. 

'Lou? Hello?' Niall didn't get any response from the other side. He could hear the soft breathing but Louis didn't answer his question. It was like he was afraid to say it – afraid to say what was on his mind. 

'Lou? I know you're there... I can hear you breathing. Please say something.' Niall whispered softly, but still there was no response, just the static crackling in his ears. He sighed. 

'Are you afraid he would reject your invitation?' Niall asked. 

He knew his friend well. If there was a valid reason for him to worry about, it was this. The lad still didn't believe in himself nor did he have faith in his love for Harry. Although he hadn't told Niall about the advancement in their relationship or that they were officially a couple now, Niall was well aware of it. But the boy couldn't out right claim that Harry loved Louis unconditionally without blowing his cover. He was a bit skeptical about that.